Cooler days, cozy sweaters, and comfort foods like… soup! Fall is just around the corner!
This dairy-free yet creamy Fall Harvest Soup is quick and easy to make in your Instant Pot. With nourishing bone broth for protein and veggies for their antioxidants and minerals, it's a yummy, fall THM:E recipe.
How Is It Creamy Without Dairy?
The Instant Pot cooks all of the veggies until very tender, then you give them a quick whirl with an immersion blender.
Voila! Creamy, silky soup without adding dairy or fat*. I do include a bit of MCT oil for its health benefits, but that's completely optional.
*Trim Healthy Mamas aren't afraid of healthy fats. We simply choose when to eat them. In a higher carb meal, we keep our fat intake low. And vice versa.
Nutrients Abound In Your Creamy Fall Harvest Soup!
First up, there's rich, nourishing bone broth from a roasted chicken carcass. Roasted chicken leftovers make the most flavorful broth! I used to make my bone broth in a slow cooker, but now I use my Instant Pot, because what used to take 10 hours now only takes 3. Bone broth adds a generous helping of healthy protein to this dish in the form of gelatin and collagen. (Just be sure to skim off the fat and save it for a THM:S recipe.)
The sweet potatoes, carrots, and butternut squash all provide beta-carotene, an antioxidant. As long as you use organic veggies, there's no need to peel the carrots or sweet potatoes! Just scrub, roughly chop, and toss them in the pot. This increases fiber content, too!
Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, while black pepper enhances its absorption. Garlic boosts your immune system, while sea salt and Vitamin B-rich nutritional yeast add mineral and vitamin content respectively.
White button mushrooms naturally contain selenium to support the thyroid. You can't even taste them, so don't be afraid to try it even if you don't like mushrooms. Just puree them completely and forget they were ever there! 😉
Have You Made Soups In Your Instant Pot Yet?
Makes approximately 7 cups.
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 small turnip, peeled and quartered
- 6 white button mushrooms (optional)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled and trimmed
- 2 cups bone broth, fat skimmed off
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- nutmeg for garnish, if desired
- Add all ingredients to insert pot of pressure cooker. Cover the pot, checking the seal and components to make sure all is well.
- If using an electric cooker, set to high pressure for 10 minutes. If using a stove-top cooker, bring to high pressure and maintain for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is done, let depressurize naturally for 10 minutes, then place a towel over the venting knob and release the remaining pressure (or let sit until all pressure has naturally released).
- Puree with an immersion blender, or use your blender to puree small batches at a time.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving, if desired.
Enjoy This Soup In An Entire THM:E Meal
Trim Healthy Mama Energizing meals focus on lean protein with healthy carbs. If you'd like to enjoy an entire meal with this Creamy Fall Harvest Soup while staying on plan, here's an idea:
Serve yourself a cup of this soup with a chicken breast sandwich on homemade, sourdough bread. Try tomato slices, onions, lettuce, and Dijon mustard instead of mayo to keep your fats low.
Without MCT oil, this is a fat-free soup. Otherwise, each cup has just under 1 gram of fat. Either way, you have room enough to stir a scant teaspoon of grass-fed butter into your soup. Yum!
End your THM:E meal with fresh fruit or an E-friendly desserts such as Dairy-Free Strawberry Lime Pudding! The Vitamin C in the pudding will help your body get the most out of the collagen in the bone broth.
Want more THM:E meals with traditional foods? Check out these 47 THM:E Meals & Snacks!
Are you a Trim Healthy Mama? Will you enjoy this Creamy Fall Harvest Soup in the Instant Pot?
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!