This recipe is a work in progress… Would love your input on it!
Sweet Chocolate Hazelnut (or Almond) Spread
makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup hazelnut butter or almond butter, salted (or add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons raw agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mild oil, or nut oil, adjust for consistency*
In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*Don't choose an oil that is solid at room temperature, or the spread will be very hard when chilled.
© Copyright 2008 by Wardee Harmon
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).