This salad gets its name because it is so good with summer garden produce. The salad we enjoyed yesterday contained patty pan squash from our garden; perfectly ripe tomatoes from our friend's garden; and local cabbage and bell peppers from a farm stand.
Summer's Bounty Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 head green cabbage — thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers — cored and thinly sliced
- 2 patty pan squashes — quartered, then thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes — sliced in wedges
- 1/4 cup raisins
- juice of one lemon
- drizzle of agave syrup
- liberal amount of extra virgin olive oil
- few dashes of toasted sesame oil
- sprinkling of fresh or dried dill
- seasoning salt — to taste
- black pepper — to taste
Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings. Serve.
© Copyright 2006 by Wardee Harmon.
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).