Want ice cream but you didn't plan ahead and get it going? Just too busy? No ice cream maker? I've got the answer — and it's done in an instant. As in a minute or so!
The idea behind this is to use as little liquid as possible to facilitate blending the frozen fruit in the blender. Your result will be soft serve and delicious ice cream!
Play around with the amounts to suit your preferences and of course, the appliance you're using. An appliance with less power will need more liquid and the results may be more like a smoothie than ice cream (but still delicious).
Though I'm sharing strawberry ice cream, you can use any berry or frozen fruit. I try to avoid using heavily seeded berries — like blackberries and raspberries. But if that's all you've got, it makes delicious ice cream, too. Even with the seeds!
Instant Strawberry Ice Cream
Want ice cream but you didn't plan ahead and get it going? Just too busy? No ice cream maker? I've got the answer -- and it's done in an instant. As in a minute or so! You need 3 things: frozen fruit, liquid, and a high-powered blender. Serves 4 to 5 (1-cup servings).
- *You can use a liquid sweetener such as honey, just reduce the cream or milk accordingly. Dry sweeteners should be whizzed fine in a blender beforehand to create a powdered sugar texture.
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed in the Vitamix or Blendtec container.
- Put the lid on.
- Start the speed on low and increase slowly as the fruit gets broken up fully and the mixture starts circulating pretty freely.
- If using the Vitamix, use the tamper while blending to help the mixture circulate.
- If using the Blendtec, stop and scrape sizes as needed or use the Twister jar with lid that has side scrapers built in (and a smaller batch).
- When there are no longer chunks of fruit and it’s all smooth, it’s done.
Have you made instant ice cream before? What's your favorite fruit combination?
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!