Using up leftover chicken and combining my two favorite sauce ingredients – coconut milk and cumin – this was a delicious, quick, throw-together meal! I served it over cooked brown basmati rice, but it would have been wonderful over mashed potatoes or quinoa, too.
Cumin Chicken Skillet
- grass-fed butter or unrefined coconut oil, for sauteing.
- 1 onion diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 to 3 cups cooked pastured chicken
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- pure water additional for consistency
Saute the onions and garlic in a few tablespoons of butter or coconut oil until soft.
Add chicken and let it warm up in the butter.
Add coconut milk, cumin, and chives.
Allow it all to warm up.
Add additional water for your preferred sauce consistency.
Taste, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
See? Wasn't that easy?
P.S. Yesterday in the Twister, I said I used sprouted pinto beans in this recipe – well, I didn't. Don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. 😉
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).