Make healthy, nutritious cakes, muffins, pasta, crackers, pizza, cookies and more. You — yes, you — can put sourdough to work in your kitchen to produce practically limitless, naturally-leavened foods of all kinds!
Simple, Easy, Delicious
The “Sourdough A to Z” eBook offers simple lessons and tasty, nutritious, whole-grain recipes. This is the companion eBook to our popular and life-changing Sourdough class of GNOWFGLINS eCourse. In 25 lessons, we help you master sourdough!
A Collaborative Effort
The “Sourdough A to Z” eBook puts together the expertise and experience of five bloggers/cooks:
- Wardee Harmon, GNOWFGLINS
- Erin Vander Lugt, GNOWFGLINS
- Katie Kimball, Kitchen Stewardship
- Sara Kay Michalski, author of gluten-free adaptations of eBook recipes and techniques
- Christina Dickson, a personal friend of Wardee’s
Each of these cooks practices sourdough uniquely. After all, there’s not one “right” way to do sourdough. In order to master sourdough, you must apply the principles of sourdough how they best fit with your life, your routine, and your kitchen.
We know that and we want you to succeed. That’s why, in this eBook, we’ve all come together for the learning experience. You’ll be able to learn from each cook, practice multiple methods, and take away what works best for you.
“This is honestly the best and most comprehensive resource on sourdough that I know of. With 5 different authors collaborating their knowledge and experience to write it, and 25 detailed lessons, it will answer all of your sourdough questions and have you preparing incredible foods for your family in no time. Though I rarely print out eBooks, this is one that I would consider printing out to have in a binder as an easily accessible resource and recipe book.” –Stephanie Langford of Keeper of the Home
“I try not to gush, but y’all this book is amazing. It is the most comprehensive book I have come across when it comes to sourdough baking. I was blown away by the volume of recipes for a sourdough version of any baked good you could imagine. What I really enjoy about this book is the feeling of community you get when you read it. It’s as if you are sitting down with a few friends over tea as they share their latest and greatest kitchen experiments. The Sourdough A to Z book is truly all you’ll ever need to know about baking with sourdough. And even for a cheap thrifty gal like me, it is worth every penny.” –Shannon Stonger of Nourishing Days
“I can not tell you how impressed I am with the Sourdough A to Z eBook. It is 150 pages of incredible, easy to understand information and recipes and tutorials and tips. The GNOWFGLINS ladies did a fantastic job putting this together!” –Laura Coppinger of Heavenly Homemakers
What’s in the “Sourdough A to Z” eBook?
- All 25 print versions of the lessons in the popular Sourdough class of GNOWFGLINS eCourse.
- Ingredient and equipment notes.
- Suggested schedule.
- The science of sourdough — from creating and maintaining a starter, to understanding what’s happening when you “sour” dough.
- Directions for creating and maintaining a gluten-free starter, as well as gluten-free adaptations of many regular sourdough recipes*.
- Simple lessons and tasty, nutritious, whole-grain recipes.
- Dozens of sourdough recipes for just about all the baked goods you can imagine!
- 4 no-wait sourdough recipes.
- Our no-wait sourdough variations on the Bisquick impossible pies — but ours are healthy!
- Countless variations on recipes submitted through months of testing by eCourse members.
- Lifetime updates — we’ll email you any time we update the eBook so you can download a fresh copy.
*While the major focus of this eBook is not gluten-free, this eBook contains notes on starting, keeping and maintaining a gluten-free starter, as well as gluten-free adaptations of the major recipes in the eBook.
“‘Thanks to you, I have a solid foundation with sourdough. You’ve gone so much further than just giving recipes. Every one of your explanations makes sense and deepens my understanding of the overall souring process.” –Eileen H.
“I am starting the sourdough class with my son. He is excited and looks forward to the next time we cook. That time is amazing together.” — Deborah R.
“This has been a breath of fresh air in our lives. I cried when I tasted a gluten-free sourdough tortilla. The cakes turned out very well using the gluten-free starter. What a thrill! This class has given my family a tremendous gift, traditional life-giving foods. Thank you for blessing my family and may God bless your family equally!” –Carolyn H.
The Lessons, Recipes, and Techniques of the “Sourdough A to Z” eBook
- Starting a Starter, Caring for a Starter, and special section on Gluten-Free Sourdough
- Sourdough Routines: An Interview with Three Bloggers
- Tortillas & Tortilla Chips
- Cakes: Chocolate & Spice
- No-Knead Sourdough Bread with Many Uses: Pita Bread, English Muffins, Cinnamon Rolls and more!
- Spelt Sandwich Bread, Dinner Rolls, Hamburger Buns, and Swirl Bread
- English Muffins & Sandwich Ideas
- Skillet Pancakes and Waffles
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Crepes & Crepe Cakes
- Basic Muffins & Variations
- Crackers: Plain, Cheese, and Variations
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- Pizza Crust & Pizza Pockets
- Pocket Bread and Middle Eastern Pizza
- Cornbread & Corn Fritters
- Pot Pie
- Basic Scones & Variations
- Dehydrating/Preserving a Starter
- Impossible Pies — our no-wait, healthy variations on the Bisquick impossible pie!
Wondering if this book contains all the Sourdough lessons from the Sourdough eCourse? In other words, can you skip the online component? Yes, you can.
Now, there’s something to be said for watching someone demonstrate a technique, and you’re always welcome to become a member of our online classes. But, the bottom line is: yes, you can use this book on its own.
Who’s this book for?
- those who don’t want to take an online class.
- those who can do without videos, and prefer to learn by reading.
- homeschooling families who are looking for a practical, healthy, cooking curriculum.
- those on dial-up internet who would like to take our classes, but can’t due to bandwidth limitations.
- those who want the convenience of downloading all Sourdough class PDFs in one fell swoop.
In other words… everyone!
The 150-page, 25-lesson “Sourdough A to Z” eBook is just $20 (for non-members), and includes lifetime updates.
Member price: $16 for basic and standard members; $12 for premium members. Visit your account for this discount pricing.
Payments are non-refundable. This is a digital book (PDF), not a hard copy. Purchasing this eBook does not enroll you in the online class. You’re welcome to do so, if you’d like! Visit this page to see details about our online classes (from fundamentals to sourdough to cultured dairy and cheese to fermentation) and other incredible benefits.
“‘This has been just amazing. I had enjoyed baking with sourdough for over a year before the course but now I feel a new inspiration and love finding all the wonderful things that I can do.” –Millie C.
“I have always wanted to make better use of my sourdough starter and your sourdough class has helped me do exactly that!” — Chara S.
“You’ve really taught me new ways to use my sourdough! Before this class, I rarely used my sourdough starter, it pretty much just lived in the fridge, getting used once every few months. Now, I have learned tons of delicious, easy recipes to for it! You’ve inspired me to use this healthy culture weekly.” –Kylie T.
P.S. Not sure? Check out our free sample chapter — we’ll walk you through starting your very own sourdough starter. Visit this page to request your free sample.