Everyone eats, everyone cooks! In this eBook, we’re headed into the kitchen with the kids. You’ll discover our philosophy — “everyone eats, everyone cooks” — so you can teach joyful, willing, and good workers in the kitchen — for today and the future.
Teach your kids that cooking with real foods is fun and rewarding!
The Real Food Kids: In the Kitchen eBook offers fun and simple lessons and helpful, you-can-start-implementing-today strategies. Kitchen time is easy, fun, and rewarding when everyone pitches in.
Everyone works together, enjoys the process, and reaps the rewards of family togetherness!
A Collaborative Effort
The Real Food Kids eBook puts together the expertise and experience of three bloggers/cooks:
- Jami Delgado, Eat Nourishing
- Wardee Harmon, GNOWFGLINS
- Melissa Naasko, Dyno-Mom
Jami is well known for involving her young children in every aspect of the kitchen — from chores, to meal prep, to cooking. Her family enjoys cooking together, and her children benefit from a good work ethic and healthy eats. Wardee has older children who can be trusted to keep the meals going if she’s away, and who pitch in on a daily basis to help put nourishing food on the table. And Melissa is a whiz with butterflying and parting chickens and knife work (and her kids know how to do, thanks to her!).
You’ll learn tried-and-true tips and strategies from each of these traditional foods cooks. Plus, we are sure we can learn from you, too.
You don’t want to miss this rewarding family eBook!
Now Available — the companion eBook to our popular Real Food Kids: In the Kitchen online class. In 19 lessons, you’ll discover how to make real food cooking a fun reality for the whole family.
“I am so thankful you are striving to make these things understandable to those of us who are new to all this!” –Holly D.
“I am learning things that I know will help my children. We can teach them how to use food the way God intended for us to. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! This course is extremely timely, and, to be frank, an answer to prayer.” — Mary K.
“You’ve shown me that what I thought was a healthy way of eating could be stepped up a notch. OK, a few notches.” –Wendy N.
What’s in the Real Food Kids eBook?
- All 19 print versions of the lessons in our popular Real Food Kids online class.
- The Extras Pack that includes worksheets, flow charts, templates, and meal planning helps.
- Suggested schedule.
- The what, why and how of each topic.
- Suggested schedule.
- Fun ways to help your children learn to recognize real food.
- A basic and simple strategy for teaching kids that you can use over and over again.
- Simple lessons and tasty, nutritious recipes.
- Nutrient-dense recipes which incorporate the principles of traditional cooking — like soaking, sourdough, sprouting, little sweetening, and healthy fats.
- A selection of recipes that kids can make — breakfast, lunch, dinners, snacks, and desserts!
- Many, many recipes to help your children put their knowledge into practice in delicious ways.
- PDFs, flowcharts, tutorials, and more!
- Age appropriate recipes and activities for all age levels.
- Tips for keeping kitchen chores light, interesting, and enjoyable.
- How to involve babies and toddlers in the kitchen, too!
- How to organize the kitchen, keeping kids in mind.
- Tips for kitchen safety, so you keep those kiddos safe.
- Guidance on helpful (and not-so-helpful) gadgets.
- Help for organizing the kitchen around little helpers.
- Links to more information to help you take it all further.
- Lifetime updates — we’ll email you any time we update the eBook so you can download a fresh copy.
Wondering if this book contains all the Real Food Kids lessons from the online class? In other words, can you skip the online component? Yes, you can.
Now, there’s something to be said for watching someone demonstrate a technique, and you’re always welcome to become a member of our online classes. But, the bottom line is: yes, you can use this book on its own.
Who’s this book for?
- those who don’t want to take an online class.
- those who can do without videos, and prefer to learn by reading.
- homeschooling families who are looking for a practical, healthy, cooking curriculum.
- those on dial-up internet who would like to take our classes, but can’t due to bandwidth limitations.
- those who want the convenience of downloading all Real Food Kids class PDFs in one fell swoop.
In other words… everyone!
Look what you’ll discover!
These are the lessons and topics inside this comprehensive (and fun!) Real Food Kids eBook.
- Philosophy of Teaching Children in the Kitchen
- Routines, Mixing it Up, and Efficiency
- Kitchen Safety
- Recognizing Real Food
- Basic Strategy for Teaching
- Helpful (and not so) Kitchen Tools and Gadget for Kids
- Organizing the Kitchen with Kids in Mind
- Keeping Kitchen Duties Light, Interesting, and Enjoyable
- Babies and Toddlers in the Kitchen
- Swing Cooks, ages 3 to 6
- Line Cooks, ages 7 to 11
- Sous Chefs, ages 12 to 15
- Head Chefs, ages 16 to 18
- On Their Own: Kid-Friendly Breakfasts
- On Their Own: Kid-Friendly Lunches
- On Their Own: Kid-Friendly Dinners
- On Their Own: Kid-Friendly Snacks
- On Their Own: Kid-Friendly Desserts
- Bonus: Napkin Origami (napkin folding)
The 140-page, 19-lesson Real Food Kids eBook is just $20 (for non-members), and includes lifetime updates.
Member price: $16 for basic and standard members, $12 for premium members. Visit your account for this discount pricing.
Payments are non-refundable. This is a digital download (PDF), not a hard copy. Purchasing this eBook does not enroll you in the online class. You’re welcome to do so, if you’d like! Visit this page to see details about our online classes (from fundamentals to sourdough to cultured dairy and cheese to fermentation to dehydrating) and other incredible benefits.