Fermented foods, lacto-fermented foods, naturally preserved foods, probiotic foods, cultured foods… heard of these? Wonder what the big deal is — want to dig a little deeper — want to finally get into this? Great!
What Are Fermented Foods?
When you ferment or culture foods, you make them better! Fermented foods are foods that have been cultured by beneficial organisms. In the right conditions, beneficial organisms feast on the food, producing beneficial acids, and transforming the food into something better. This culturing develops complex flavors and pleasing textures, while the food becomes more nutritious than it was before. And the acids preserve and protect the food from spoiling. It is really a miraculous process!
Not Just Sauerkraut.
Fermenting foods covers alot more than sauerkraut! Did you know you can ferment fruits, vegetables, beans, meats, dairy, and grains? You can even ferment condiments like mayonnaise that you use on a daily basis. Don’t be scared — these foods are so delicious!
Traditionally fermented foods contain vitamins, enzymes, and active cultures — conveying benefits to your gut, your immune system, and your digestion.
You can’t buy many of these true fermented foods in most grocery stores. The sauerkraut or pickles on the shelf are cooked-to-death veggies in white vinegar and are devoid of any beneficial organisms or nutrition. Sausages are pumped full of nitrates and fake flavors, rather than long fermented with beneficial organisms.
You don’t want to miss this essential eBook!
Now Available — the companion eBook to our popular and life-changing Lacto-Fermentation online class. In 23 lessons, you’ll discover the many delicious ways to ferment all food groups.
“I am so thankful you are striving to make these things understandable to those of us who are new to all this!” –Holly D.
“I am learning things that I know will help my children. We can teach them how to use food the way God intended for us to. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! This course is extremely timely, and, to be frank, an answer to prayer” — Mary K.
“You’ve shown me that what I thought was a healthy way of eating could be stepped up a notch. OK, a few notches.” –Wendy N.
What’s in the Lacto-Fermentation eBook?
- All 23 print versions of the lessons in our popular Lacto-Fermentation online class.
- Information on cultures and supplies at a discount.
- Suggested schedule.
- The what, why and how of each topic.
- Many, many recipes to put your knowledge into practice in delicious ways.
- Links to more information to help you take it all further.
- Lifetime updates — we’ll email you any time we update the eBook so you can download a fresh copy.
Wondering if this book contains all the Lacto-Fermentation lessons from the online class? In other words, can you skip the online component? Yes, you can.
Now, there’s something to be said for watching someone demonstrate a technique, and you’re always welcome to become a member of our online classes. But, the bottom line is: yes, you can use this book on its own.
Who’s this book for?
- those who don’t want to take an online class.
- those who can do without videos, and prefer to learn by reading.
- homeschooling families who are looking for a practical, healthy, cooking curriculum.
- those on dial-up internet who would like to take our classes, but can’t due to bandwidth limitations.
- those who want the convenience of downloading all Lacto-Fermentation class PDFs in one fell swoop.
In other words… everyone!
Look what you’ll discover!
These are the lessons and topics inside this comprehensive eBook on fermentation.
- About Lacto-Fermentation
- The Lacto-Fermentation Story
- Fruits: Chutneys & Preserves
- Fruits: Whole Fruits
- Veggies: Krauts
- Veggies: Salsas and Relishes
- Veggies: Pickles
- Condiments: Mayo, Mustard & Ketchup
- Condiments: Horseradish & Hummus
- Beverages: Beyond Water Kefir
- Beverages: Kombucha & Kvass
- Beverages: Natural Sodas
- Beans: Bean Paste, Natto and Tempeh
- Cultured Dairy: Clabber, Cultured Butter and Yogurt
- Cultured Dairy: Soft Cheeses
- Meats: Red Meats
- Meats: Pickled Fish & Eggs
- Curing Olives
- Grains: Sourdough Starters, Pancakes, Waffles and Crepes
- Grains: Sourdough Advanced
- Probiotic Meal Planning
- Lacto-Fermentation Formulas
- Bonus! Fermented Honey
Cultures and Supplies
I’m working with two trusted sources to create cultures and supplies kits at a discount. You can purchase your supplies through the recommended sources, or you can put together your own kit. I have done my best to keep supplies to a minimum, to find you the best deal, and to refer you to sources I trust. All the details are inside the eBook.
The 155-page, 23-lesson Lacto-Fermentation eBook is just $20 (for non-members), and includes lifetime updates.
Member price: $16 for basic and standard members, $12 for premium members. Visit your account for this discount pricing.
Payments are non-refundable. This is a digital download (PDF), not a hard copy. Purchasing this eBook does not enroll you in the online class. You’re welcome to do so, if you’d like! Visit this page to see details about our online classes (from fundamentals to sourdough to cultured dairy and cheese to fermentation to real food kids to dehydrating to allergy-free cooking to dehydrating to real food kids) and other incredible benefits.