Got a dehydrator just sitting there and want to put it to use… finally?
Or maybe you’ve been wanting to invest in a dehydrator, but want to make sure you’re really going to use it.
I can help with that.
The Dehydrating eBook shows you how to dehydrate virtually every food group — fruits, veggies, broth, meats, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, herbs, mother cultures, and more…
What’s so great about dehydrated foods?
I’m glad you asked.
- are lightweight and portable
- store well at room temperature — so you don’t need a freezer or root cellar
- store for long periods of time, like a year or more
- retain vitamins, enzymes and other nutrition that would be lost if they were canned
- are ideally suited for prepping, survival, camping, or hiking
- preserve the harvest to enjoy the bounty all year round — from veggies to fruits to herbs to eggs to yogurt to broth and more!
- “instant” foods you can throw together in a pinch if your circumstance prevent normal food prep
- require much less time and energy than other preservation methods
- and, of course, they taste great! (fruit leather or candied fruit, anyone?)
Through this eBook, you’ll discover how versatile, easy, delicious and frugal dehydrating can be!
Not just fruit leather.
Drying foods covers a lot more than just making your own fruit leather! Did you know you can dry fruits, veggies, broth, meats, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, herbs, mother cultures, and more? You can even use your dried foods to make easy, almost instant soups, stews, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts.
Drying is a traditional practice that preserves the nutrition of foods — the naturally present vitamins and enzymes are retained, rather than being destroyed as they would be through canning or through high heat drying.
You can’t buy many healthy dried foods in stores. Instant soups and mashed potatoes are not “real” foods plus they include chemicals for shelf stability, texture, and taste. Many dried foods are sulphured to keep them soft and colorful.
To be fair, certain reputable companies make high quality dry foods — but these foods might be out of your budget.
It’s a great time to discover how to dry your own foods — you’ll save money, get a more healthful end result, and you’ll be better prepared for difficult circumstances.
Now Available — the companion eBook to our popular and life-changing Dehydrating eCourse. In 24 lessons, we continue exploring the fundamentals of traditional cooking.
“I am so thankful you are striving to make these things understandable to those of us who are new to all this!” –Holly D.
“I am learning things that I know will help my children. We can teach them how to use food the way God intended for us to. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! This course is extremely timely, and, to be frank, an answer to prayer” — Mary K.
“You’ve shown me that what I thought was a healthy way of eating could be stepped up a notch. OK, a few notches.” –Wendy N.
What’s in the Dehydrating eBook?
- All 24 print versions of the lessons in the popular Dehydrating class of GNOWFGLINS eCourse.
- Suggested schedule.
- The what, why and how of each topic.
- Dozens of recipes to put your knowledge into practice in delicious ways
- Links to more information to help you take it all further.
- Lifetime updates — we’ll email you any time we update the eBook so you can download a fresh copy.
Wondering if this book contains all the Dehydrating lessons from the online class? In other words, can you skip the online component? Yes, you can.
Now, there’s something to be said for watching someone demonstrate a technique, and you’re always welcome to become a member of our online classes. But, the bottom line is: yes, you can use this book on its own.
Who’s this book for?
- those who don’t want to take an online class.
- those who can do without videos, and prefer to learn by reading.
- homeschooling families who are looking for a practical, healthy, cooking curriculum.
- those on dial-up internet who would like to take our classes, but can’t due to bandwidth limitations.
- those who want the convenience of downloading all Fundamentals class PDFs in one fell swoop.
In other words… everyone!
Dehydrating eCourse Lessons and Topics
The Dehydrating eCourse topics include:
- Why Dehydrate?
- Dehydrating Tools and Equipment
- Dehydrating Methods and Sourcing Your Foods
- Storage Methods for Dried Foods
- Fruits — Sliced and Whole
- Fruits — Fruit Leather
- Fruits — Candied
- Vegetables — Sliced, Diced, and Shredded
- Vegetables — Powdered, Pureed, and Mashed
- Eggs and Dairy
- Broth (Stock)
- Meats — Pre-Cooked and Raw Liver
- Meats — Jerky
- Preserving Mother Cultures Through Drying
- Dishes with Dried Foods — Breakfast
- Dishes with Dried Foods — Main Dishes
- Dishes with Dried Foods — Side Dishes
- Dishes with Dried Foods — Desserts
- Trail Foods
- Fermenting Dried Foods
- BONUS! Kombucha Scoby Jerky
The 149-page, 24-lesson Dehydrating eBook is just $20 and includes lifetime updates.
Member price: $16 for basic and standard members, $12 for premium members. Visit your account for this discount pricing.
Are you ready? Let’s dehydrate!
–Wardeh ‘Wardee’ Harmon
Payments are non-refundable. This is a digital download (PDF), not a hard copy. Purchasing this eBook does not enroll you in the online class. You’re welcome to do so, if you’d like! Visit this page to see details about our online classes (from fundamentals to sourdough to cultured dairy and cheese to fermentation to real food kids to dehydrating to allergy-free cooking) and other incredible benefits.