Make healthy, nutritious cakes, muffins, pasta, crackers, pizza, cookies and more. You — yes, you — can put sourdough to work in your kitchen to produce practically limitless, naturally-leavened foods of all kinds!
Simple, Easy, Delicious
The Sourdough eCourse offers simple lessons and tasty, nutritious, whole-grain recipes. The weekly video demonstrations give you multiple opportunities to practice the principles of sourdough in limitless ways.
A Collaborative Effort
The Sourdough eCourse puts together the expertise and experience of five bloggers/cooks:
- Wardee Harmon, GNOWFGLINS
- Erin Vander Lugt, GNOWFGLINS
- Katie Kimball, Kitchen Stewardship
- Sara Kay Michalski, focusing on gluten-free adaptation of eCourse recipes and techniques
- Christina Dickson, a personal friend of Wardee’s
Each of these cooks practices sourdough uniquely. After all, there’s not one “right” way to do sourdough. In order to master sourdough, you must apply the principles of sourdough how they best fit with your life, your routine, and your kitchen.
We know that and we want you to succeed. That’s why, in this eCourse, we’ve all come together for the learning experience. In the class, you’ll be able to learn from each cook, practice multiple methods, and take away what works best for you.
Please join us for the Sourdough eCourse! We are sure we can learn from you, too.
“‘Thanks to you, I have a solid foundation with sourdough. You’ve gone so much further than just giving recipes. Every one of your explanations makes sense and deepens my understanding of the overall souring process.” –Eileen H.
“I am starting the sourdough class with my son. He is excited and looks forward to the next time we cook. That time is amazing together.” — Deborah R.
“Wardee, your sourdough class has been a breath of fresh air in our lives. I cried when I tasted a gluten-free sourdough tortilla. The cakes turned out very well using the gluten-free starter. What a thrill! This class has given my family a tremendous gift, traditional life-giving foods. Thank you for blessing my family and may God bless your family equally!” –Carolyn H.
Sourdough eCourse Lessons and Topics
- Starting a Starter, Caring for a Starter, and Gluten-Free Sourdough
- Sourdough Routines: An Interview with Three Bloggers
- Tortillas & Tortilla Chips
- Cakes: Chocolate & Spice
- No-Knead Sourdough Bread with Many Uses: Pita Bread, English Muffins, Cinnamon Rolls and more!
- Spelt Sandwich Bread, Dinner Rolls, Hamburger Buns, and Swirl Bread
- English Muffins & Sandwich Ideas
- Skillet Pancakes and Waffles
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Crepes & Crepe Cakes
- Basic Muffins & Variations
- Crackers: Plain, Cheese, and Variations
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- Pizza Crust & Pizza Pockets
- Pocket Bread and Middle Eastern Pizza
- Cornbread & Corn Fritters
- Pot Pie
- Basic Scones & Variations
- Dehydrating/Preserving a Starter
- Impossible Pies — our no-wait, healthy variations on the Bisquick impossible pie!
Membership includes access to every class we offer! The details are here.
The video below is from Lesson 1: Starting a Starter. It answers the following questions and more: How do you make a sourdough starter? What’s happening in the sourdough starter? Why is sourdough baking better than modern bread baking methods?
In the class, this lesson also comes with comprehensive print materials and several other videos, including a live demonstration and video journal of making a sourdough starter!
What You’ll Get
- Access to every class we offer.
- Class enrollment doesn’t close. Enroll at any time.
- Total access to all available lessons from the get-go.
- Exclusive monthly thank you gift for qualifying payments.
- Bi-monthly learning bonus.
- Weekly lessons presented through multi-media tutorials.
- Exclusive members-only forums.
- Weekly email reminders (optional).
Weekly video demonstrations and print materials will guide you in your practice and mastery of sourdough principles and techniques. By the end of this eCourse, you’ll have a wonderful recipe collection for all foods sourdough, as well as a ton of practice putting it to use!
What’s In The Sourdough eCourse?
- 25 multi-media lessons — video demonstrations and detailed print tutorials and recipes.
- All recipes call for the entirety of flour to be “soured” by the sourdough starter — ensuring optimum nutrition and digestion.
- Ingredient and equipment notes.
- Suggested schedule.
- The science of sourdough — from creating and maintaining a starter, to understanding what’s happening when you “sour” dough.
- Directions for creating and maintaining a gluten-free starter, as well as gluten-free adaptations of many regular sourdough recipes*.
- Simple lessons and tasty, nutritious, whole-grain recipes.
- Dozens of sourdough recipes for just about all the baked goods you can imagine!
- 4 no-wait sourdough recipes.
*While the major focus of this eCourse is not gluten-free, it contains notes on starting, keeping and maintaining a gluten-free starter, as well as gluten-free adaptations of the major recipes in the eCourse.
Any time, join us any time! We’re always open. When you sign up, you’ll have instant access to all the lessons of the Sourdough eCourse and every other class we offer.
Become a member for as little $13 per month! You get video demonstrations, audio files, and print downloads to help you master the tasks listed above — no matter your learning style. View the membership plans and benefits here.
Let’s discover sourdough together!
–Wardeh ‘Wardee’ Harmon
“‘This has been just amazing. I had enjoyed baking with sourdough for over a year before the course but now I feel a new inspiration and love finding all the wonderful things that I can do.” –Millie C.
“I have always wanted to make better use of my sourdough starter and your sourdough class has helped me do exactly that!” — Chara S.
“You’ve really taught me new ways to use my sourdough! Before this class, I rarely used my sourdough starter, it pretty much just lived in the fridge, getting used once every few months. Now, I have learned tons of delicious, easy recipes to for it! You’ve inspired me to use this healthy culture weekly.” –Kylie T.
P.S. Get the 25 lessons of the Sourdough eCourse as an independent-study eBook. Click here for more info.