In 2010, we brought you the Fundamentals eCourse, our original and widely-popular first class. Together we explored soaking grains, cooking beans, sprouting, sourdough, natural fermentation, cultured dairy, simple cheesemaking and more.
And now, in 2012…
…our adventure continues with the Fundamentals II eCourse.
We’ll explore more fundamental traditional cooking skills, like important equipment, natural sweeteners, healthy desserts, traditional fats, dark stocks and fish stock, wild and pastured meats, organ meats, advanced grain preparation methods, vegetables, homemade salad dressings and sauces, real salt, superfoods, healthy snacks, and traveling with real foods.
You don’t want to miss this.
What You’ll Learn And Do
- Recommended equipment for the traditional cook — hand-powered tools included!
- What natural sweeteners are available, their differences, and which are best to use
- How to bake with natural sweeteners, including delicious recipes
- The kinds of traditional fats, why you should be eating them, and how best to use each one
- How to make ghee — clarified and preserved butter
- How to make healing, flavorful, dark meat stocks — plus fish stock
- What’s so great about wild and pastured meats, and how to prepare them
- How to prepare and serve organ meats, plus why you should
- Advanced grain preparation methods that answer the phytic acid dilemma
- How best to prepare corn which offers a unique challenge that the usual soaking doesn’t answer
- Which vegetables benefit from special (yet easy) preparation methods, plus how to fix lots of seasonal veggies
- How to ditch the store-bought and switch (for good) to delicious, homemade, healthy salad dressings and sauces (no more cream soups!)
- Will the real salt please stand up? And why you should keep eating the good stuff
- The most important superfoods and why you should eat them
- Kid-friendly, healthy snacks, including lots of recipes
- Traditional foods that travel well, allowing you to stay healthy even while on the road
Fundamentals II eCourse Lessons And Topics
Don’t forget! This class continues what we began exploring in the original Fundamentals eCourse (and as a member, you’ll get access to all those lessons, too).
- Equipment for the Traditional Foods Kitchen
- All About Natural Sweeteners
- Naturally Sweetened Desserts
- All About Traditional Fats
- How to Make Ghee
- Dark Stock and Fish Stock
- All About Wild and Pastured Meats
- How to Prepare Organ Meats
- Advanced Grain Preparation Methods
- Corn: A Special Case
- How to Best Prepare Seasonal Vegetables
- Delicious, Homemade Salad Dressings and Sauces
- All About Sea Salt
- Superfoods You Should Know About
- Kid-Friendly, Healthy Snacks
- Traveling with Traditional Foods
- Bonus! Tender, Grass-Fed, BBQ Steak
Membership includes access to every class we offer. The details are here.
What You’ll Get In This Class
- Access to every class we offer (including the original Fundamentals eCourse)
- Class enrollment doesn’t close. Enroll at any time.
- Total access to all available lessons from the get-go.
- Exclusive monthly thank you gift for qualifying payments.
- Bi-monthly learning bonus.
- Weekly lessons presented through multi-media tutorials.
- Exclusive members-only forums.
- Weekly email reminders (optional).
Weekly video demonstrations and print materials will guide you in your practice and mastery of fundamental traditional cooking principles and techniques. By the end of this eCourse, you’ll have a wonderful recipe collection, as well as a ton of practice putting all the skills to use.
This class begins in late January 2012. But you can join us any time. We’re always open. When you sign up, you’ll have instant access to all available lessons for this class, plus the lessons in all the other classes we offer.
Become a member for as little as $13 per month! You get video demonstrations and print downloads to help you master the tasks listed above — no matter your learning style. View the membership plans and benefits here.
Are you ready for more fundamentals? I hope to see you inside!
–Wardeh ‘Wardee’ Harmon
P.S. Get the 17 lessons of the Fundamentals II eCourse as an independent-study eBook. Click here for more info.