Fermented foods, lacto-fermented foods, naturally preserved foods, probiotic foods, cultured foods… heard of these? Wonder what the big deal is — want to dig a little deeper — want to finally get into this? Great!
What Are Fermented Foods?
When you ferment or culture foods, you make them better! Fermented foods are foods that have been cultured by beneficial organisms. In the right conditions, beneficial organisms feast on the food, producing beneficial acids, and transforming the food into something better. This culturing develops complex flavors and pleasing textures, while the food becomes more nutritious than it was before. And the acids preserve and protect the food from spoiling. It is really a miraculous process!
Not Just Sauerkraut.
Fermenting foods covers alot more than sauerkraut! Did you know you can ferment fruits, vegetables, beans, meats, dairy, and grains? You can even ferment condiments like mayonnaise that you use on a daily basis. Don’t be scared — these foods are so delicious!
Traditionally fermented foods contain vitamins, enzymes, and active cultures — conveying benefits to your gut, your immune system, and your digestion.
You can’t buy many of these true fermented foods in most grocery stores. The sauerkraut or pickles on the shelf are cooked-to-death veggies in white vinegar and are devoid of any beneficial organisms or nutrition. Sausages are pumped full of nitrates and fake flavors, rather than long fermented with beneficial organisms.
Want To Make Fermented Foods At Home?
You’re in the right place. I’d love to show you how!
My family has been eating homemade fermented foods for some time — kefir and yogurt and real sour cream, cheees, sourdough, probiotic ice cream, pickles, chutneys, relish, beverages, and even pickled meats. We make a point to eat fermented foods with every meal. And though I can’t promise everyone will see the same results we have, our health has greatly improved.
Think you need to have lots of fancy equipment to take this class? You don’t! People have been fermenting foods since the beginning of the world, using seasonal foods and creative, flexible containers.
Simple, Easy, Delicious
The Lacto-Fermentation eCourse offers simple lessons and tasty, nutritious recipes for pickles, chutneys, relishes, condiments, pickled fish and meats, sourdough, simple cheeses, beverages, and more! The weekly video demonstrations give you multiple opportunities to practice the principles of lacto-fermentation in limitless ways.
What You’ll Learn And Do
- The history of lacto-fermentation
- The science of fermenting foods
- Why fermented foods are supremely digestible and nutritious — the best kind of food for your gut!
- How fermented foods help you embrace the harvest
- Save your appliances, resources and energy by going low-tech with traditional fermentation methods
- How to ferment fruits into delicious relishes, chutneys, jams and beverages
- How to turn vegetables into fantastic pickles, relishes and krauts
- Culture dairy into tasty and nutritious butter, sour cream, yogurt, kefir, cheese and more
- Use traditional methods of sourdough to prepare your baked goods and pastries for the best nutrition and digestion
- Pickle and preserve meats in traditional methods
- Ferment beans to make dips, spreads, and pastes the old-fashioned way
- Learn how to give your homemade condiments a probiotic boost
- Master making the most delicious and refreshing natural sodas and other probiotic beverages
- Learn formulas and rules for making up your own ferments to use up your seasonal produce
- Put fermented foods into your daily diet with our meal and menu planning helps
Lacto-Fermentation eCourse Lessons And Topics
- About Lacto-Fermentation
- The Lacto-Fermentation Story
- Fruits: Chutneys & Preserves
- Fruits: Whole Fruits
- Veggies: Krauts
- Veggies: Salsas and Relishes
- Veggies: Pickles
- Condiments: Mayo, Mustard & Ketchup
- Condiments: Horseradish & Hummus
- Beverages: Beyond Water Kefir
- Beverages: Kombucha & Kvass
- Beverages: Natural Sodas
- Beans: Bean Paste, Natto and Tempeh
- Cultured Dairy: Clabber, Cultured Butter and Yogurt
- Cultured Dairy: Soft Cheeses
- Meats: Red Meats
- Meats: Pickled Fish & Eggs
- Curing Olives
- Grains: Sourdough Starters, Pancakes, Waffles and Crepes
- Grains: Sourdough Advanced
- Probiotic Meal Planning
- Lacto-Fermentation Formulas
- Bonus! Fermented Honey
Membership includes access to every class we offer. The details are here.
What You’ll Get In This Class
- Access to every class we offer.
- Class enrollment doesn’t close. Enroll at any time.
- Total access to all available lessons from the get-go.
- Exclusive monthly thank you gift for qualifying payments.
- Bi-monthly learning bonus.
- Weekly lessons presented through multi-media tutorials.
- Exclusive members-only forums.
- Weekly email reminders (optional).
Weekly video demonstrations and print materials will guide you in your practice and mastery of fermenting food principles and techniques. By the end of this eCourse, you’ll have a wonderful recipe collection, as well as a ton of practice putting it all to use.
Cultures and Supplies
I’m working with two trusted sources to create cultures and supplies kits at a discount. You can purchase your supplies through the recommended sources, or you can put together your own kit. I have done my best to keep supplies to a minimum, to find you the best deal, and to refer you to sources I trust.
Any time, join us any time! We’re always open. When you sign up, you’ll have instant access to all the lessons of the Lacto-Fermentation eCourse and every other class we offer.
Become a member for as little as $13 per month! You get video demonstrations and print downloads to help you master the tasks listed above — no matter your learning style. View the membership plans and benefits here.
I hope you’ll join the fermentation adventure!
–Wardeh ‘Wardee’ Harmon
P.S. Get the 23 lessons of the Lacto-Fermentation eCourse as an independent-study eBook. Click here for more info.