Got a dehydrator just sitting there and want to put it to use… finally?
Or maybe you’ve been wanting to invest in a dehydrator, but want to make sure you’re really going to use it.
I can help with that.
The Dehydrating eCourse shows you how to dehydrate virtually every food group — fruits, veggies, broth, meats, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, herbs, mother cultures, and more…
What’s so great about dehydrated foods?
I’m glad you asked.
- are lightweight and portable
- store well at room temperature — so you don’t need a freezer or root cellar
- store for long periods of time, like a year or more
- retain vitamins, enzymes and other nutrition that would be lost if they were canned
- are ideally suited for prepping, survival, camping, or hiking
- preserve the harvest to enjoy the bounty all year round — from veggies to fruits to herbs to eggs to yogurt to broth and more!
- “instant” foods you can throw together in a pinch if your circumstance prevent normal food prep
- require much less time and energy than other preservation methods
- and, of course, they taste great! (fruit leather or candied fruit, anyone?)
Through our online class, you’ll discover how versatile, easy, delicious and frugal dehydrating can be!
Not just fruit leather.
Drying foods covers a lot more than just making your own fruit leather! Did you know you can dry fruits, veggies, broth, meats, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, herbs, mother cultures, and more? You can even use your dried foods to make easy, almost instant soups, stews, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts.
Drying is a traditional practice that preserves the nutrition of foods — the naturally present vitamins and enzymes are retained, rather than being destroyed as they would be through canning or through high heat drying.
You can’t buy many healthy dried foods in stores. Instant soups and mashed potatoes are not “real” foods plus they include chemicals for shelf stability, texture, and taste. Many dried foods are sulphured to keep them soft and colorful.
To be fair, certain reputable companies make high quality dry foods — but these foods might be out of your budget.
It’s a great time to discover how to dry your own foods — you’ll save money, get a more healthful end result, and you’ll be better prepared for difficult circumstances.
Dehydrating eCourse Lessons and Topics
The Dehydrating eCourse topics include:
- Why Dehydrate?
- Dehydrating Tools and Equipment
- Dehydrating Methods and Sourcing Your Foods
- Storage Methods for Dried Foods
- Fruits — Sliced and Whole
- Fruits — Fruit Leather
- Fruits — Candied
- Vegetables — Sliced, Diced, and Shredded
- Vegetables — Powdered, Pureed, and Mashed
- Eggs and Dairy
- Broth (Stock)
- Meats — Pre-Cooked and Raw Liver
- Meats — Jerky
- Preserving Mother Cultures Through Drying
- Dishes with Dried Foods — Breakfast
- Dishes with Dried Foods — Main Dishes
- Dishes with Dried Foods — Side Dishes
- Dishes with Dried Foods — Desserts
- Trail Foods
- Fermenting Dried Foods
- BONUS! Kombucha Scoby Jerky
Membership includes access to every class we offer! The details are here.
What’s In The Dehydrating eCourse?
- 24 multi-media lessons — video demonstrations and detailed print tutorials and recipes.
- All recipes are nutrient-dense and incorporate the principles of traditional cooking — like soaking, sourdough, sprouting, little sweetening, and healthy fats.
- Ingredient and equipment notes.
- Suggested schedule.
- Detailed video and print dehydrating demonstrations.
- A selection of recipes that rely on dried foods — breakfast, main dishes, desserts, and trail food.
- Private forum for support and sharing — because this is going to be fun!
What You’ll Get
- Access to every class we offer.Our site offers hundreds of videos and print tutorials in many classes -- all yours to access freely when you're a member.
- Class enrollment doesn’t close. Enroll at any time.Though you can enroll any time, the enrollment bonus (see * below) is only available this month. Hurry, so you don't miss out!
- Total access to all available lessons from the get-go.You get immediate access to all previously released classes and lessons. Plus, you get access to lessons as they're released from new classes we're building up.
- Exclusive monthly thank-you video.Each month, premium members get a video gift. Topics include recipes and fun techniques to supplement what you're learning. See ** below to find out what this month's thank-you video is!**
- Monthly learning bonus.Each month, you'll get an extra eBooklet or video to supplement your mastery of traditional foods. See * below to find out what this month's learning bonus is!*
- Weekly lessons presented through multi-media tutorials.We're usually always creating and adding a new class. These lessons are released on Tuesdays and you'll be notified by email and given instant access.
- Private forum support.Got a question about what you're learning? Visit our private forums to ask your questions!
- Weekly email reminders (optional).Most Tuesdays, we add a new lesson to the class we're currently building up -- you'll be notified by email and given instant access.
Weekly video demonstrations and print materials will guide you through the topics and lessons of this class. By the end of this eCourse, you’ll have a wonderful collection of PDFs and recipes — in fact, a whole dehydrating cookbook!
Here’s a free video that shows you how easily you can dehydrate — and enjoy — plums.
Dehydrating Equipment and Tools
I work with trusted sources to help you get the equipment you need, or you can use your own favorite sources. I do my best to keep supplies to a minimum, to find you the best deal, and to refer you to sources I trust.
Though you will need a dehydrator, feel free to make your own solar dehydrator or to experiment with drying foods in warm places (like a hot vehicle). We can brainstorm non-electric solutions on the class forums.
If you’re able or wish to purchase a high-quality dehydrator, I recommend and use the Excalibur 9-tray from Cultures for Health.
Any time, join us any time! When you sign up, you’ll have instant access to the lessons of this class, plus the lessons in every other class we offer.
Become a member for as little $13 per month! You get video demonstrations and print downloads to help you master the tasks listed above — no matter your learning style. View the membership plans and benefits here.
Are you ready? Let’s dehydrate!
–Wardeh ‘Wardee’ Harmon
P.S. Get the 24 lessons of the Dehydrating eCourse as an independent-study eBook. Click here for more info.