Confession… I've never liked deviled eggs.
I think it's the sweet relish. Blech.
Well, who says deviled eggs can only be made with relish?! Not me!
Fermented Jalapeño Deviled Eggs
I decided to change things up and use my Naturally Fermented Jalapeño Peppers in these deviled eggs. Besides adding a probiotic boost, these peppers (and their brine) give deviled eggs a flavor that is out of this world!
And the slight kick of spice in the back of your throat is just perfect.
Instead of sprinkling with paprika and a garnish of fresh dill, I chose chipotle powder with a garnish of cilantro.
This recipe is oh-so-nourishing! It combines pastured eggs with nourishing fat and a ferment to create an entirely new dish! I hope you'll give this deviled egg makeover a try!
Let's Get In The Kitchen!
Makes 24 deviled eggs.
- 1 dozen hard-boiled, peeled eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Naturally Fermented Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brine from Naturally Fermented Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 tablespoon fermented garlic from Naturally Fermented Jalapeño Peppers
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 24 leaves fresh cilantro
- chipotle powder, to garnish
- Cut the boiled and peeled eggs in half.
- Remove the hard-cooked yolks and place in a blender or food processor.
- Arrange the hard-cooked whites on a platter.
- Add the mayo, mustard, peppers, pepper brine, salt, and black pepper to the blender or food processor.
- Pulse to blend.
- Continue pulsing until the filling is as smooth as you desire.
- Fill the egg whites with the mixture. Or, transfer the mixture to a piping bag and pipe into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle each egg with chipotle powder.
- Garnish each egg with a cilantro leaf.
- Chill until ready to serve. (Can be made up to 2 days in advance.)
What's your favorite way to make deviled eggs?
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!