There's just one problem with barbecuing…
…it can get old fast. Burgers again? Grilled chicken again?
Although some of us rarely tire of grilling, there are sometimes people in the family that beg for more variety. 😉
I heard this refrain in our family recently, so my husband suggested we step things up with sauces.
Because… grilled meats dressed up with a yummy sauce?
All of a sudden, you're in new territory. It's as if you created a whole new dish, yet all you did was brush on a new sauce at the end of the grilling time. I love easy fixes like this!
This honey BBQ sauce is a sauce I created recently for my husband. He's thrilled with it — and so is the whole family. 🙂
By the way, we cook outside nearly all summer long. I'm not sure how that's going to pan out in our new home in Indiana when it gets hot and humid. But for now, we're enjoying another season of doing so. I collected my tips and recipes for using and creating an outdoor kitchen in our Cooking Outside eBook & Video Package or Cooking Outside eCourse.
Enjoy This Real Food Honey BBQ Sauce!
- 1 8-ounce can tomato paste
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Annie's organic worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fermented soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Whisk until smooth and mixed together.
- Put over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer for a few minutes while whisking.
- Remove from heat and transfer to pint-sized jar or other storage container.
- To use: brush on grilled meats during the last 5 to 10 minutes of grilling.
- Or serve alongside grilled meats.
What are your favorite ways to dress up what you're grilling?
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!