What do you get when you remove grains, dairy, nuts, eggs, soy, peanuts, sugar, and all sweeteners from a recipe?
Nothing. You get nothing.
Haha! Totally kidding!
You'd think that after removing allllllll those ingredients you'd be left with nothing, wouldn't you?
That's the beauty of my no-bake treats. They're free from all the stuff that so many can't eat, yet they're full of flavor and color and goodness. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Although I wrote my eBook, Nourishing No-Bake Treats, over a year ago, I've continued to create these little bites of goodness into even more new flavor combinations. This past year, I began experimenting with completely sugar-free versions — because I don't eat sugar anymore. (Not even raw honey, coconut sugar, or maple syrup!)
I also have friends who don't or can't eat whole sweeteners due to issues like diabetes or candida. So I wanted to create something yummy and slightly sweet for them to enjoy, just like my other no-bake treats!
These went over well with adults and kids! My kids love it when I pack 2 treats in their lunch boxes — they feel like I've made them a special dessert (and they don't even care that there's no sugar!).
Makes 12 to 15 no-bake cookie bites.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine coconut, carrots, and coconut oil.
- Process on low-medium speed, until the ingredients begin to fold in on themselves to create a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Taste the "dough".
- Add a bit of stevia and pulse to combine, if you desire a bit more sweetness.
- Fold in raisins.
- Place balls of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet using a 1-tablespoon dough scoop.
- Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to harden.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to 1 month.
Want More Nourishing No-Bake Treats?
My book, Nourishing No-Bake Treats (currently 50% off at $7.99) contains 12 nourishing and healthy no-bake cookie bite recipes:
- Put the Lime in the Coconut
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Avocado Mint Chip
- Orange & Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Craze
- Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate
- Sweet Superfood (with goji berries & chia seeds)
- Chocolate-Covered Cherry
- Blueberry, Lemon, & Mint Bliss
- Buttered Caramel Cashew
You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already!
If you're looking for nourishing, allergy-friendly cookies that aren't sweetened with white sugar or heavily sweetened at all, you'll find treasures in this book.
If you're looking for easy recipes that even kids can do (with great results), you'll love this book.
P.S. If you purchase Nourishing No-Bake Treats through this link, Wardee will throw in a no-bake recipe of her own — Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies (pictured below). Just forward you receipt and we'll reply with the bonus recipe! (Forward to wardee at traditionalcookingschool dot com.)
Have you tried some no-bake treats yet? What do you think of this totally sugar-free version?
This post was featured in 60 Easy and Nourishing Picnic Recipes.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!