What do you get when you cross my Chocolate-Covered Strawberry No-Bake Treats with a nut-free, no-bake crust — and leave out the sugar?
This amazingly healthy, allergy-friendly, beautiful, sugar-free chocolate-covered strawberry tart!
I'm not sure there ever was a more allergy-friendly dessert! And it's perfectly elegant to boot.
With no dairy, gluten, grains, nuts, eggs, soy, or sugar, this No-Bake Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Tart is as full of flavor as it is beauty. I promise you won't miss a thing… Especially not the bloat or the blood sugar spike.
If cutting out sugar is on your list of goals for 2017, this dessert will make your life easier and satisfy your cravings. It contains a mere 1/32 teaspoon of organic stevia. It's even Trim Healthy Mama-friendly as an S (Satisfying) dessert!
You don't have to wait for baking and cooling like with most tarts either — and the prep time is only 30 minutes.
Oh, and have I mentioned how nutrient-dense it is yet??
This recipe is totally raw, so it's full of beneficial nutrients from the soaked pumpkin seeds (which also happen to be a rich source of magnesium and zinc), raw low-glycemic strawberries, coconut oil, and grass-fed gelatin.
It doesn't get any better than this!
Makes 6 to 8 slices.
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds, soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups frozen strawberries, thawed and at room temperature
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sustainably-sourced gelatin
- 1/32 teaspoon stevia extract
- Place all crust ingredients into a food processor.
- Then pulse until it begins to form a dough-like consistency, stopping to scrape down the sides of the processor if needed.
- Press into an 8" or 9" tart pan.
- Then refrigerate while you prepare the strawberry filling.
- Pour coconut milk into a small sauce pan set over low-medium heat.
- Then sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the coconut milk.
- Gently warm the coconut milk, whisking in the gelatin until there are no lumps left.
- Pour the coconut milk/gelatin into a blender.
- Then add the room temperature strawberries and stevia.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into prepared tart crust.
- Over a bain-marie, melt the chocolate, whisking until smooth. (I use a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water as my bain-marie.)
- Then spoon, pour, or drizzle over the strawberry tart in whatever pattern you like.
- Refrigerate the tart until set.
- Finally, remove the edge of the tart pan and serve.
What is your favorite no-bake dessert? Are you trying to cut out sugar in 2017? Do you think this No-Bake Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Tart will help you reach your goal?
If you love the simplicity of no-bake desserts, then…
How About Even MORE Nourishing No-Bake Treats?
My book, Nourishing No-Bake Treats (currently 50% off at $7.99) contains 12 nourishing and healthy no-bake cookie bite recipes:
- Put the Lime in the Coconut
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Avocado Mint Chip
- Orange & Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Craze
- Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate
- Sweet Superfood (with goji berries & chia seeds)
- Chocolate-Covered Cherry
- Blueberry, Lemon, & Mint Bliss
- Buttered Caramel Cashew
You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already!
If you're looking for nourishing, allergy-friendly cookies that aren't sweetened with white sugar or heavily sweetened at all, you'll find treasures in this book.
If you're looking for easy recipes that even kids can do (with great results), you'll love this book.
P.S. If you purchase Nourishing No-Bake Treats through this link, Wardee from Traditional Cooking School will throw in a no-bake recipe of her own — Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies (pictured below). Just forward you receipt and we'll reply with the bonus recipe! (Forward to wardee at traditionalcookingschool dot com.)
Now, that's a lot of no-bake goodness!
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!