When I got married, I didn't know that I wanted an Instant Pot.
Actually, I didn't even know what it was yet, and I probably hadn't thought about pressure cooking more than twice, ever.
That's where moms come in handy. 😉 Black Friday rolled around, and Mom and I went online shopping for my kitchen-of-dreams. The very-much-on-sale Instant Pot landed in my cart, and then my life.
So, this Orange & Dark Chocolate Cheesecake in the Instant Pot is a match made in heaven — because I also love cheesecake and essential oils!
Pressure cooker cheesecake is the creamiest and smoothest. And because chocolate is still my favorite dessert, I top it with dark chocolate shavings to add a little bit of crunch, and a little bit more goodness.
I make this cheesecake in the Instant Pot, but you can make it in any pressure cooker!
Psst… Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Try my mom's sourdough cornbread — it's a free pressure cooker recipe!
Adapted from the cheesecake recipe in our Pressure Cooking eCourse.
Makes crust and filling for (1) 7" cheesecake.
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour, or ground nuts
- 1½ tablespoons dry sweetener of choice (Sucanat, Rapadura, coconut sugar) OR a few pinches of stevia
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- (2) 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 large pastured eggs
- ½ cup dry sweetener of choice, whizzed fine in blender (Sucanat, Rapadura, coconut sugar) OR 1⅜ teaspoons stevia, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons orange juice (about ½ juiced orange)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon orange essential oil OR 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Then press mixture into 7" springform pan or divide between 2 stainless steel stackable pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn off oven.
- Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth.
- Then taste and adjust sweetener.
- Put 2 cups of water and trivet in pressure cooker.
- Cover with a glass lid or plate to prevent evaporation.
- If using an electric cooker (such as the Instant Pot), put it on sauté so it can begin pre-heating.
- If using a stovetop cooker, turn on the burner to medium to begin pre-heating.
- Next, pour filling into 7" springform pan with crust (see above recipe).
- Cover with a piece of parchment paper followed by a piece of aluminum foil.
- Crimp down loosely.
- Use sling to transfer (carefully) to pressure cooker.
- Then cover the pot, checking the seal and components to make sure all is well.
- If using an electric cooker, set to high for 25 minutes.
- If using a stovetop cooker, bring to low pressure and maintain for 35 minutes.
- When cooking time is over, if using an electric cooker, hit the Cancel button to turn off the heat, and also unplug it.
- With a stovetop cooker, remove from heat.
- Let pressure release naturally.
- When pressure is released, transfer the cheesecake carefully out of pressure cooker and put on cooling rack.
- Then remove the covers.
- If any water is pooled in the center, siphon off with a spoon.
- Use a butter knife to separate cheesecake from sides of pan.
- Replace covers.
- Refrigerate to chill thoroughly.
- Then remove from springform pan as desired for presentation.
- Finally, top with shavings of dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Will you try this pressure cooker cheesecake? Have you ever made cheesecake in the Instant Pot or with essential oils?
Disclaimer: At Traditional Cooking School, we recommend using only pure, therapeutic grade essential oils and those generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the Food and Drug Administration. The information provided by this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only. This post or the essential oils mentioned therein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult a qualified aromatherapist when using essential oils for any purpose. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!