Guess how easy it is to make yogurt parfaits?
Even your kids can help with this fun and healthy snack or dessert! Get them involved in the fun and teach them kitchen safety and knife skills while you're at it! (Learn more about this in our Real Food Kids eCourse!)
If you have multiple fruits and a few flavored yogurts, put everything into little bowls and set up your very own sundae bar — without all the sugar.
For a dairy-free version, use a dairy-free alternative like coconut milk kefir. Or for a completely sugar-free dessert, keep your yogurt plain.
With this array of healthy ingredients, you can easily serve it for breakfast as well.
- Chop fruit, if necessary.
- Put yogurt, fruit, granola, nuts, seeds, and coconut out on the counter.
- Give kids parfait glasses and show them how to layer the yogurt and fruit. This depends on how deep your parfait glasses are, but I usually aim for 3 layers of yogurt, 2 layers of fruit, and a sprinkle of something crunchy on top.
- Once fruit and yogurt are layered, sprinkle with the granola, nuts, seeds, or coconut.
- Enjoy your custom-created snack or dessert!
Pssst! Want your kids to be more involved in the kitchen?
Check out our Real Food Kids eCourse to learn how to get your kids in the kitchen with you and start learning valuable life skills!
They will learn how to make meals, snacks, and desserts for the whole family to enjoy, how to safely use knives, and how to properly handle food.
Our motto inside Real Food Kids? “Everyone cooks, everyone eats!”
Have you ever made yogurt parfaits? How are your kids involved in the kitchen? Do they have favorite recipes they like to help with?
This post was featured in 24 Easy Summer Treats Kids Can Make Themselves.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!