Tired eyes? Stressed? Have a headache? Can’t sleep?
An herbal eye pillow may be just the thing you need!
With the weight of the rice and the soothing scent of lavender, you can rest and relax to your heart’s content. Plus, these pillows are so quick and easy to make, you can give them to all of your friends, too!
- With the right sides together and a ¼-inch seam allowance, sew around the 2 pieces of fabric.
- Leave 2 inches open on a short end for turning and stuffing.
- Clip the corners, turn right side out and press.
- Fill the pillow with rice or flaxseeds, and dried lavender. Use a funnel to make filling easier!
- Sew the opening shut.
- To use, just lean back and lay the pillow across your eyes. Now go and relax! 🙂
If you like, you can also keep the pillow in the freezer for some cold therapy, or gently warm it for some soothing heat. Lavender is used due to its calming properties, but other herbs could also be substituted or combined with the lavender. Mint and chamomile are two other commonly used herbs for eye pillows.
Wouldn’t this make a lovely Mother’s Day gift? How do you like to rest and relax at the end of the day?
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!