My husband named this “The Best Chocolate Cake Ever”.
He actually told me to throw out all of my other cake recipes, including those decadent sugar-laden treats I made before we started changing our diet. It was also a hit with our family as a Christmas Eve treat, and has become my go-to cake for special occasions.
This rich, fudgy cake is also free of gluten and grains — bonus! — and makes use of the by-product of making your own almond and nut milks: nut pulp. If you make your own nut milk, you probably know what it's like to have a fridge (or freezer) full of pulp, ready to be made into something… but what? Start with this delicious cake! And then read on for a list of eight other things you can make with your leftover pulp.
Best Ever Chocolate Cake
My husband named this “The Best Chocolate Cake Ever”. This rich, fudgy cake is also free of gluten and grains — bonus! — and makes use of the by-product of making your own almond and nut milks: nut pulp.
- Adapted from this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil/butter in top of a double broiler, or in a bowl set over boiling water.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, stirring after each addition.
- Pour into parchment-lined, 8-inch cake pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
- At Christmas, I added dried cherries to the batter and it was delicious!
Still have pulp to use up?
8 Things to Make with Almond Pulp
- Coconut Chocolate Chip or Raisin Cookies, Double Chocolate Cookies, or Granola Bars
- Make your own almond butter
- Baked Almond Pulp Brownies
- Blueberry Banana Bread or Banana Muffins
- Almond Pulp Herb Crackers
- Make dairy-free cheese
- Cherry-Coconut Almond Granola
- Dehydrate your pulp to create your own almond meal and use in hundreds of grain-free or gluten-free recipes
How do you like to use up your nut milk pulp? Do you have a “best chocolate cake” ever?
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!