A Year’s Supply of Food — Traditional Food Prepping

You do know that each month I make a thank you video for some members of my unlimited online classes, right?

I’m so excited about this month’s thank you video (and PDF) that I want to let all of you know about it.

Because they are available ala carte — and this is one you should consider.

At least if you’re interested in food storage with traditional foods.

That couldn’t possibly be you, could it? ;)

The Problem with “Normal” Prepping

Now I’m not trying to knock anyone or put anyone down, but I’ve noticed that a lot of food prepping resources are decidedly not nourishing.

When my husband and I decided to stock up on a year’s supply of foods, the kind was as important as the amount.

You see, we didn’t want to store just any food — we wanted to store traditional, nutrient-dense food!

Thinking, planning, implementing, storing… all that has taken us a few months. Along the way, I documented our thought processes and plans. And I filmed the process and the results. To share with others — like you.

I put it all together into this month’s thank you video and the accompanying PDF –
“A Year’s Supply of Food”.

What’s In “A Year’s Supply of Food?”

In the almost 20-minute video, I take you through the thought process, the planning, and the implementation. This includes what foods to store, how to store them (buckets, mylar bags, oxygen absorbers, Gamma seals, etc.), and how to keep it going. Plus, I take you on a tour of the various storage areas in my own house.

The 9-page PDF includes calculations to help you figure out your food storage amounts, a basic foods list, an inventory planning chart, and written and pictorial instructions on how to use Gamma seals, mylar bags, and oxygen absorbers.

I (and my family) put hours into thinking, planning, filming, writing, and sharing this topic of traditional food prepping with you.

And like I said before, I want to give you the opportunity to discover the video and PDF for yourself.

Would you like it? Are you interested? I hope so!

If so, here’s how you can get it…

Option #1 — Buy it!

This happens to be the easiest way. :)

Click this link to purchase lifetime access to the “A Year’s Supply of Food” video and PDF for $10.

Option #2 — Become a STANDARD or PREMIUM member of my unlimited online classes.

This happens to be the funnest way because you get to explore all our online classes at the same time!

To sign up, click here.

On either the standard or premium plans (not the basic), you’ll get lifetime access to “A Year’s Supply of Food” with your October payment.

Keep in mind, this is available with qualifying memberships for the month of October only (though it can always be purchased ala carte at this link).

Option #3 — Refer new customers!

And this is the way that will make me very, very grateful for you.

If you’re a past or current customer, you’re automatically entitled to earn a free thank you video for every three customers you refer our way. Share your special link (you got it with your purchase details) with your friends and family, and a purchase of anything counts.

If you need your special link again, just contact me and I’ll resend it.

In the comments, please share how you’ve made traditional food a reality in your food storage plans! Or, if you have any comments or questions for me, just reply below and I’ll be happy to help.

P.S. I spoke for almost a half hour on preparedness and traditional food in my first podcast — you can check that out here (skip to the second half). But it was pretty general, more the reasoning behind our choices. I mention this because if you’re a teeny bit interested, but not sure, that free podcast may help you decide whether or not you want additional information.

Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!

• Access to 8 online traditional cooking classes

Comments

1. Teri says

Love it Wardeh! We have been doing this for years and would love to here your thoughts and share mine! Also I need that link again? I am hoping to get back on your classlist and begin blogging again but I just got back online!

Teri

• Laura says

Generally, people store a year’s worth of food along with other supplies like seeds and gardening tools. They also sometimes begin keeping farm animals around this time. (Wardeh’s got a few of those. :-) ) The idea behind all of this is that a year of food in storage will feed a family until they can get a garden planted and a farm going so they can feed themselves indefinitely.

2. Chris Mitchell via Facebook says

Yes, it makes no sense to purchase expensive packages of food that you would never eat unless it was the only thing on earth to eat. If there is no disaster then your stuck with it taking up space and out $

• Karen says

That why you store good nutrional foods and rotate your storage. If you are storing things properly they will last much longer than one year. Some things last 20 years or more. But we store things and we use them, first in/first out.

Once you’ve built up your supply, you can begin to rotate it in a first-in first out method. So use and replace as you go to maintain the 1-year supply. It’s sort of like an insurance policy. Something happens like you lose your job, some type of natural disaster, etc., you have a supply of food and can worry about other things.

4. Chris Mitchell via Facebook says

You can extend the life of things like beans. When you think you have stored them as long as they should be, can them, it adds another couple years and very handy for quick suppers, also anything canned has water in it. When my jars are empty I fill them with water for our many power outages.

5. Cory says

What if you don’t live on a farm or have access to huge amounts of food? I don’t understand ,who is the year storage of food meant for?

Cory — You don’t have to live on a farm. This is for anyone who wants to store up food in the event of a disaster (economic, natural, etc.), no matter their food sources.

6. Cory Tuchelt-Mohl via Facebook says

Who is this meant for. Do you need an acerage and your own garden and big harvest to do this. I need a few more details to what this entails and who this class or video is designed for?

7. Erin says

This is so great you are doing this, Wardeh. To all those questioning the reasoning of food storage, I think of it like this: We are more dependant on society for basic living needs than ever before in the history of man. It is so frightening to think that none of us knows much what to do to obtain food than shop at Costco, and perhaps have a small garden. Even if food storage is just for peace of mind, it surely does bring that. Someone asked, “So what do you do when the year is up?” Well, by then, you either are back on your feet (and society is), or you have spent the time to figure out how to get all your food, and have crops going strong. (I, for one, believe Jesus Christ will return after some struggles, and we can rebuild society from there).

its great to hear about prepping from a real foodie! i think they go hand in hand, although I agree that most prepping information i know of emphasizes too much refined/packaged food.

• JON HOWARD says

I PUT UP OVER 500 JARS OF ALL KINDS OF FOOD WITH A GOOD ROADSIDE FARM STAND, 2 GARDEN PLOTS 4X8, A FEW FRUIT TREES, AND A DEHYDRATOR. EVEN LARGE COSTCO BAGS OF FROZEN VEGGIES ARE A SAFE BET FOR D=FAST DEHYDRATING!