How did I and my family get into raising our own raw dairy? What’s the “magic” of culturing dairy and making cheese? Why is homemade cultured dairy so healthy? How is every cultured dairy or cheese recipe the same — just tweaks of the same basic process? What’s the best milk for culturing? How can culturing go wrong? All that and more on today’s episode of Know Your Food with Wardee.
Click play below to listen to this week’s podcast! See below if you want other options.
Won’t play for you? Try here.
Mobile or desktop users, you can hear my podcast with Stitcher, on-demand and on-the-go. (What’s Stitcher?) You can also get it on iTunes or subscribe in the Podcasts app. Please leave a comment or rating in iTunes and Stitcher!
What’s in Episode #5?
In this episode of Know Your Food with Wardee, I’m interviewing myself. No kidding! I thought about what questions you may have about culturing dairy and I answered them.
Here are some of the questions I answered:
- How did I and my family get into raising our own raw dairy?
- What’s the “magic” of culturing dairy and making cheese?
- Why is homemade cultured dairy so healthy?
- How you do make simple soft cheese?
- How is every cultured dairy or cheese recipe the same — just tweaks of the same basic process?
- What’s the best milk for culturing?
- How can culturing go wrong?
- What’s the difference between traditional mozzarella and the quick 30-minute version you see in books and on the web?
I mentioned some links in this episode, so here they are:
- A few more days left to get in on the Redmond Real Salt giveaway
- This weeks’ shout out: Goat Song Farm — or see all Down Home Farm Tours here
- Homemade Cultured Butter
- Tough Decisions — selling my dairy cow
- Got Questions or Comments? — to leave a voice recording for me to answer or share on the podcast
- My podcast now on Stitcher — search for “Know Your Food with Wardee”
- My podcast on iTunes — search for “Know Your Food with Wardee”
- The Apple Podcasts app — search for “Know Your Food with Wardee”
Here are some links I didn’t mention, but I should have.
- Should We Get a Goat or a Cow? guest post at Nourishing Days
- Easy Raw Chevre, guest post at Edible Aria
Got Questions or Comments?
No one has yet taken me up on my offer earlier in the week to submit questions or comments that I will answer on the air. I’m wondering… will you be the first?
Here are the guidelines for submitting a question or comment using your computer microphone:
- Share your name and where you live.
- Share your website or blog URL (if you have one).
- One question per voicemail — leave as many voicemails as you’d like.
- Keep each question brief — like 30 seconds or less, if you can.
When you’re ready, click the button below to record your message.
If the button doesn’t work for you, visit this page to leave a voicemail. Or, want to use the telephone instead? Call 1-541-236-2330 to leave a voicemail with your question or comment.
What’s Coming Up…
Next week, I’m talking more about cheesemaking with my special guest and cheesemaker Jerri Beddell from HomesteaderSupply.com. She has some great tips for you.
For past or current episodes, check out the Know Your Food with Wardee podcast archives.
Subscribe to My Podcast via Email
If you’d like me to email you each time there’s a new podcast, use the form below to sign up. If you can’t see the form, follow this link to sign up.
Please, please, please…. if you’re already any kind of subscriber here (newsletter, webinar, member, menu plan subscriber, ebook customer, etc.) — use the same email address we already have on file to avoid creating a separate account.
It’s Your Turn
Feel free to share your comments or questions about this episode below. Thanks for listening!
Like this podcast? Please help me reach others by using the share buttons at the top of this post. Thanks!
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family*
- Access to 8 online classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!
*included in premium membership