We have noticed that quite a few blogs are not linking back to one of the Simple Lives Thursday host blogs (see guideline #2, below). If this is you, please realize that this prevents us from choosing you as a featured blog. Thank you for linking back to us!
The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana at A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- And me!
- And others who are, for now, taking breaks.
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.
Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!
1. Homemade Fruit Leather Roll-Ups by Riddle Love. “I waited forever to make fruit leathers because I thought I needed official non-stick dehydrator sheets. Then I remembered how I used to peel the leathers off the wax and thought, why not dehydrate them right on the wax paper?”
2. DIY Sweatshirt to Baby Sleep Sack by Montana Solar Creations. “We were given several baby sleep sacks as baby gifts last year but only one of them is big enough to fit our little nugget now. While I had my morning cup of coffee, I pondered what to do. Then an idea hit me: I could make an upcycled one! I remembered that I had a fleece sweatshirt in my upcyle pile. It is a little pilly but doesn’t have any holes so I figured it would work perfect.”
3. 4 Steps to Take Now for a Great 2013 Garden from Old World Garden Farms. “What you do now and in the coming months can make a huge difference in the success of next year’s garden. Here are four things you can do NOW to really jump-start your 2013 garden.”
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all host blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are three simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
3. No giveaway or otherwise primarily advertising oriented posts. Keep your topics to fit our simple living theme of “consume less, produce more.” We will delete posts that don’t fit.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via RSS, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 8 online traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!