This Friday, I hope you’ll be joining me for Food Preservation 101, a free webinar!
I and my special guests will help you sort out your food preservation options, weighing out the pros and cons of each. Plus we’ll kick off giveaways for a FoodSaver with Jar Sealer accessory from Amazing Graze Farm, Pickle Pro fermenting lids from HomesteaderSupply.com, and copies of my book.
Click here to register or get more info on the webinar.
In preparation for the webinar, will you help me out with something?
Unique Food Preservation Approaches
Often, people don’t fully understand the pros and cons of all the preserving methods, nor have many really taken the time to think through what their goals are. Food preservation plans look different for each person, each family, so what one family does may not be the answer for another. For example…
- One family might be thinking they will need to bug-out for safety reasons, and they need portable and lightweight preserved foods.
- Another family might be planning to dig deep and stay put when disaster strikes, so they put up a year’s worth of food (or more) in an extensive cellar or storage area.
- Another family might not have a cellar or extra fridge or freezer space, so canning looks like the right food storage method for their physical constraints.
- One family thinks they need to put up food to last three months, while another wants food stores to be able to feed them for a year or more.
See what I mean? This is not one-size fits all.
I know where I an my family stand, because we’ve done lots of thinking and talking about these things (and I’ll be sharing more about that on Friday), but what I don’t know is… where do you stand?
Would you help me out by taking this quick survey? Then will you come to the free webinar on Friday to learn more?
Survey: Food Preservation and You
Thanks! If you have any questions for the webinar, feel free to leave a comment. I’ll either save them or try to work them in.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family*
- Access to 8 online classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!
*included in premium membership