We have noticed that quite a few blogs are not linking back to one of the Simple Lives Thursday host blogs (see guideline #2, below). If this is you, please realize that this prevents us from choosing you as a featured blog. Thank you for linking back to us!
The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is normally hosted by several blogs, but for the time being, I’m the only host. The other bloggers are taking much-needed breaks.
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.
Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!
1. Using and Preserving Garlic Scapes by Healthy Frugalista. “Every year in early to mid June we receive a glut of garlic scapes from my gardening friend, Kevin. While I’m thrilled to receive them, I’m challenged as to what to do with so many garlic scapes. Some of you might be in the same boat. Today I’m sharing how I use garlic scapes and how I preserve them for later use.”
2. Clutter Causes Stress by Always Learning. “The older I get, the more I dislike clutter. I like clean and uncluttered counters and walls. I am not the type to have to have every corner decorated. It just seems to be more work to have to clean.”
3. Cooking Outside with Cast Iron from Little Farm in the Big City. “During one camping season, I realized just how much I enjoy cooking with cast iron. Although the pots and pans take a few minutes to heat up, they retain heat very well, spreading it out evenly across the cooking surface. Also, food rarely sticks to a well-seasoned piece of cast iron and clean up is a breeze! My set of cast iron cookware moved from the camping closet to the kitchen, permanently. My cookware still isn’t the prettiest, but boy, is it fun to cook with, especially in the summertime!”
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all host blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are three simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
3. No giveaway or otherwise primarily advertising oriented posts. Keep your topics to fit our simple living theme of “consume less, produce more.” We will delete posts that don’t fit.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via RSS, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.