We’re heading down home… to your farms! Urban, suburban, or rural — whatever you’re growing and doing, we want to see it.
Click here to see all the farms and homesteads featured in this series. There’s always room for more — will it be you?
Homesteaders everywhere, send in pictures of your farms and homesteads. We want to see barns, goats, cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, ducks, horses, eggs, kids (the human kind, too), gardens, vineyards, orchards, compost piles, berry patches… like I said, whatever you’ve got going!
How to be Featured in the Down Home Farm Tours
Are you a homesteader or farmer at any level? You don’t have to live in the country, you don’t have to be doing everything.
Being on the journey is the only qualification. We want to see what you’re doing, no matter how big or small.
If you’d like to be featured in a Down Home Farm Tours post, email me at farmtours at gnowfglins dot com. Send me a set of at least 5 to 6 photos (or more!) that are at least 800 pixels wide (height doesn’t matter). If your photos are on Flickr, just send me a link to the set.
Photos need to be good quality — not that your place has to look perfect, just that the photos should be well-lit and look good overall. I may not use all the pictures you send, but I will do my best.
Along with the pictures, include most or all of the following information in your email. Overall, keep it brief. Pictures should be the focus.
- What is your name and the names of your family members? (be as general as you’d like, if you wish to protect your privacy)
- Where do you live? (be as general as you’d like, if you wish to protect your privacy)
- What is your blog or website? (optional)
- What is your farm/homestead name? (if you have one)
- How long have you been farming/homesteading?
- Give a brief description of your farm/homestead. (city, suburbs, apartment, country, # of acres, land features, etc.)
- What are you raising, growing, and doing? (brief is fine)
- How did you get into farming/homesteading?
- Any future plans?
- Please share a funny story. (optional)
- What about a sad story? (optional)
- Is there anything else you’d like to share?
- Please include a 1 to 2 sentence caption for each picture you include.
- Which free thank you video would you like? This is our gift to you for being selected.
Please, please make sure you’re not revealing anything too private. The last thing we want to do is open you up to scrutiny or investigation by any unfriendly agencies. In other words, don’t tell us too much or take pictures of anything too sensitive. I know you understand.
I can’t promise I will feature every farm or homestead submitted, but again, I’ll do my best.
If You’re Selected…
We will share your farm/homestead pictures and stories in a dedicated blog post, plus you can add the featured graphic on your blog or website. And, we’ll give you a free thank you video of your choice!
So, hurry up, and start sending in your pictures and answers. Please share about our series with friends and family who may want to participate — use the sharing buttons at the top of this post. The Down Home Farm Tours will begin soon!
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!
I want to help you look good, feel good, and do good...
... with 100s of videos and recipes, step-by-step tutorials, and easy-to-implement weekly menu plans.
It's the healthiest, tastiest, and most natural food you've ever imagined... the way God meant you to prepare it. As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 9 traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!