Announcement… please re-read the guidelines for submission (below) so you can be sure your post matches the spirit and theme of this blog hop. Please do not submit giveaway posts. Also, please remember to link your post to one of the host blogs!
The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by (for the time being, due to hosts taking breaks):
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.
Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!
1. Purple Pickled Eggs by Real Food Forager. Jill says, “With Easter just around the corner, this has been on my mind — eggs pickled in beet kvass. I love beets and beet kvass and I thought the combination of beets and hard boiled eggs would work well. ” We think she was right — they did turn out well!
2. Natural Easter Egg Dyes by Jo’s Health Corner. Jo shares, “It is wise to avoid artificial colors since six of the seven approved artificial colors for food have been linked to hyperactivity in children. Luckily there are things in your fridge and pantry at home that are much safer to use to dye eggs with.” Jo’s got the scoop on all the methods and possibilities for natural, healthy egg dyes.
3. How to Build a “Super” Raspberry Support System from Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity. This is the story of how one father and son built a raspberry support frame — in “Superman” style. Great story!
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all host blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are three simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
3. No giveaway or otherwise primarily advertising oriented posts. Keep your topics to fit our simple living theme of “consume less, produce more.” We will delete posts that don’t fit.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via RSS, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.