Announcement… please re-read the guidelines for submission (below) so you can be sure your post matches the spirit and theme of this blog hop. Please do not submit giveaway posts. Also, please remember to link your post to one of the host blogs!
The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by (for the time being, due to hosts taking breaks):
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.
Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!
1. A Julia Child Pegboard Pot Rack by Katy She Cooks. A gorgeous, Julia-child inspired pegboard pot rack — cheap, easy and beautiful. Katy is sharing her kitchen renovation step-by-step, so be sure to check her blog again. If this fantastic addition was reno #1, we know the other changes must be awesome, too!
2. Shutters to Block Out the Mess by Pumpkin, Pie, Painter. Keeping on with the decor theme, can you believe this hand-painted shutter hides old pipes? It is so pretty and looks like it belongs there. Our hats’ off to Farmer’s Wyfe for a job done beautifully!
3. ~Jar Love~ by Sweet Country Life. Kristin loves jars (and so do we) and instead of hiding them in a cupboard, she got them out and lined them up as decor. They make her smile, and we have to admit, we’re smiling, too!
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all host blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are three simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
3. No giveaway or otherwise primarily advertising oriented posts. Keep your topics to fit our simple living theme of “consume less, produce more.” We will delete posts that don’t fit.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.