Don't assume you don't like parsnips…
Unless you've already had them like this — pan-fried, browned, and caramelized! So yummy and so easy!
Our parsnips waited out the winter, stored in the ground where we planted them, till we dug them up last week and brought them home. The whole family loved them!
- Scrub and peel parsnips.
- Cut into ½ inch thick rounds or ½ inch thick lengthwise pieces.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat, melt a few tablespoons of butter.
- Add parsnip rounds in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook until fork-tender and browned, turning frequently (and seasoning the other side) to avoid burning and to cook through completely.
- Remove from pan and repeat to cook all parsnips.
- Serve warm.
- Chill leftovers. Delicious cold or reheated.
Have you ever pan-fried parsnips? Do you like parsnips?
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!