Simple Lives Thursday #73

The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop

Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…

This blog hop is hosted by (a shortened list due to hosts taking much-needed breaks):

Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions

SLT Featured Post Badge

We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.

Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!

1. Christmas Gifts in a Jar by The Better Mom. The Better Mom has some fun yet practical and tasty homemade Christmas gifts up her sleeve this year, sure to please everyone.

2. Homemade Herbal Cold Syrup by The Holistic Mama. Roxanne shares the herbal remedy that is working right now for the cold floating around her family. There’s nothing like the voice of experience. Give this remedy a try! We will.

3. Our Handmade “Paper” Products by Live Ready Now. Seeking to eliminate paper waste, this family made homemade feminine care products for the six females in the family. Great work!

Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post

Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all host blogs!

Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.

These are two simple guidelines for participation:

1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.

2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.

What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!

If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.

Comments

I know our choice is a goat!

Just used my stock in our yummy whole wheat spaghetti tonight! I finally had to cut the kids off cause they were wanting fourths!

Thank you so much, Wardee, for the shout out! So glad you like the Christmas Gifts-in-a-Jar recipes. Hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas! :) Kelly

Hi,
    I shared my amazing grain-free carrot cake and my holiday butternut squash. I also shared an article with a great short video from the conference. Lastly, I shared an article about the 3 Super Foods for Bone and Joint Health.
    Thanks for hosting!

4. Brunette Shepherd via Facebook says

I’d just like to say, I’m the proud Mommy of a (so far) thriving day-old wild yeast starter! Thanks for all the helpful info!

Good morning! This week I’m sharing 8 quick, frugal, tasteful, handmade gift ideas I’ve made in Christmases past. I also shared our white chocolate macadamia Lara(ish) bar recipe; a quick, protein-packed snack to whip up and throw in the car on busy days. Thanks for hosting!

Thanks for hosting! Today I am linking to my post on using natural fertility monitoring to achieve or avoid pregnancy. I don’t use hormone birth control because I figure, if I don’t want it in my meat then I don’t want it in me. Stop by and let me know what you think!

Sharing our chocolate gingerbread muffins — a delicious holiday season muffin recipe! Thanks so much for hosting; I always enjoy browsing the links and discovering new ideas!

Blessings, ~Lisa :)

8. Catherine says

I Love Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Freaky Friday, Fresh Bites..

9. Toni Dunlap says

Jaime Oliver needs to visit a WAPF Conference…or at least see the video of the children eating the salmon eggs. What a contrast!

10. Ellie says

Just a quick note to tell you how much I enjoyed the Maple-Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe. I surprised my family with it and it was a big hit.
    I hope to send in my special roast pork recipe in the near future.

1. […] This post is shared at: Sunday School, My Meatless Monday, Monday Mania, Barnyard Hop, Real Food 101, Melt in mouth Monday, Homemaker Monday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesday Tasty Tidbits, Tasty Tuesday Naptime, Hearth & Soul Hop, Traditional Tuesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Sustainable Ways, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Health 2DAy, These Chicks Cooked, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday […]

2. […] Creative Juice, Strut Your Stuff, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday, Catch A Glimpse Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Tastetastic Thursday, Foodie Friday, Creation Corner, Frugal Friday, Feature Yourself Friday, […]