Simple Lives Thursday #72

The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop

Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…

This blog hop is hosted by (a shortened list due to hosts taking much-needed breaks):

Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions

SLT Featured Post Badge

We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.

Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!

1. Why I Don’t Participate in Black Friday by The Local Cook. “It’s started. The TV and radio and internet advertisements; emails telling me about all the money I could make by promoting Black Friday specials on my website; deal bloggers sharing strategies for planning your attack with the precision of an Army general. Yuck.”

2. A Cure for Hot Flashes by Ruth’s Real Food. Can something as simple as food cure hot flashes? Be sure to read the notes on this blog post about what actually causes them in the first place.

3. Go Stuff Yourself by Your Thriving Family. “Well, its finally the day. Turkey Day! No! Today is Thanksgiving. Not a day for eating till you can’t move and fighting with the family. But to Give Thanks. To GIVE.”

Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post

Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all host blogs!

Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.

These are two simple guidelines for participation:

1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.

2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.

What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!

If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.

Comments

Hi Wardee,
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
    Thanks so much for featuring my post! This week a shared a post – first in a series – on how to get kids to eat real food. I also posted on transitioning to real-food salad dressing and shared a really shocking (at least to me) Jamie Oliver video clip.
    Thanks for hosting!

Hello! I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving. This week, I’m sharing a moment enjoyed with my 3-year-old as we planted garlic for next summer. Sweet, slow, times. I’m so very thankful.

Hi,
    I shared my video for making Grain-Free, DF Coconut Date Linzer Cookies and my Roasted Beet Salad. Lastly, I shared an article about the impending Nutrition legislation and what you can do to help.
    Thanks for hosting!

It’s so nice to be doing this again. My return to blogging is an update of a challenge I put to myself this year to make more gifts for people. There are also links to shops run by friends of mine where people can look to support (very) small businesses for the holidays. Enjoy!

Good Morning Wardee! I’m all linked-up:) I hope you are having a great holiday season thus far! I just want to thank you for all you do…you are such an inspiration to me:)

Ended up with 2 this week – just so excited after implementing the second one with the kids this evening. Can’t wait to look at with everyone else shared!

Thanks so much for mentioning that menopause link! I sent it to a friend who has issues. Perhaps my healthier eating style is the reason why I don’t!

I linked a review of a living history farm. Awesome to see how people are preserving knowledge of the old ways, just as you are doing here.

I also linked to a delicious one-pan pasta dish that we invented while camping.

Annie Kate

Thanks for hosting yet again! I noticed a featured post on curing hot flashes that I’m going to click through to read for my mother in law.
    This week I’ve shared a Practical Guide to Gifts That Mean Something with lots of ideas for unique and thrifty Christmas gifts that don’t support the big box chains and don’t leave a gaping hole in your wallet.

Thanks for all the wonderful recipes everyone is sharing! I love the variety! My family loves it too! It is nice to make something new and different. Thanks to amazing links like this, I get to spread my wings in the kitchen and allow my family to have amazing meals. I put a twist in my cooking, that is, I use therapeutic grade essential oils! The flavor of essential oils in your foods take it to a whole new level. I can’t wait to try out some new recipes! Blessings!

1. [...] This post is shared at: Sunday School, Sugar-Free Sunday, Monday Mania, Barnyard Hop, Homemaker Monday, Real Food 101, Meatless Monday, My Meatlesss Monday, Melt in Mouth Monday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday Tidbits, Hearth & Soul Hop, Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Sustainable Ways, Day 2Day, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Mommy Club, What’s Cooking Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked, Turning the Table Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday [...]