Simple Lives Thursday #65

The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop

Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…

This blog hop is hosted by (a shortened list due to hosts taking much-needed breaks):

Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions

SLT Featured Post Badge

We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.

Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!

(Photo credit.)

1. How I Replaced Refined Sugar In Our House by Jo’s Health Corner. How this blogger managed to replace refined sugar with more natural options.

2. Three Layer Apple Tarts by Fresh Healthy Cooking. We love this homemade and healthy version of pop tarts!

3. Raw Fermented Tomato Sauce by The Coconut Mama. A delicious-looking, raw tomato sauce that is fermented for a probiotic boost!

4. Slow Cooker Applesauce by Riddle Love. A dozen Granny Smith apples + a crockpot + 6 hours + a little mashing = easy applesauce.

Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post

Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all host blogs!

Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.

These are two simple guidelines for participation:

1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.

2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.

What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!

If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.

Comments

I hope I kept within the rules. I used spice blends- not sure if that violates it or not- for my potato peels I had left after dehydrating.

Thanks for hosting. I’m sharing our recipe for simple pumpkin spice muffins — the perfect breakfast for a cool fall morning. :) ~Lisa

Thank you for hosting! This week I have shared the following seasonal farm-to-table recipes that promote the benefits of good health through nutrition from eating fresh unprocessed seasonal produce:

mung bean & pea shoot salad

basil, turnip & quinoa salad

fall bright-n-spicy salad

Happy cooking!
    The Intentional Minimalist

Thanks for the opportunity to share. I linked up a post on foods that contain phytoestrogens (soy isn’t the only culprit). I hope it is helpful to your readers.

What an honor to be featured! Thank you! This week, I’m sharing our super easy ketchup recipe that is made with fresh tomatoes. I include instructions on how to ferment or can it, as well. Have a lovely week!

Hi Wardee, Thanks for hosting. I wanted to share this quick economical soup recipe that is creamy and comforting and made almost entirely of chickpeas. Have a great weekend.

Hi Wardee and everyone else! I’m glad you still have this blog hop going, it’s one of my favorites! I’m finally getting around to contributing again. It’s been awhile! My recipe is a home-made smoothie from raw kefir and/or yogurt. I am on GAPS and eat these almost every day, and I love them! :) Happy Thursday to everyone!

Thanks for hosting Wardee!
    Thanks for featuring my post about replacing refined sugar. Today I’m sharing a post on how easy it is to make an infused oil. My daughter is making a healing and relaxing oil that is great to keep in the medicine cabinet.

9. Nat says

Hi Wardee. Have been going through the list of submissions little by little. But now all of the links are gone. Only the comments are here.

10. Melba Rhodes says

Thanks for hosting! I used spice blends- not sure if that violates it or not- for my potato peels I had left after dehydrating. I always enjoy all the wonderful ideas featured here on Thursdays! I also posted a profile of annatto, a seed that is used as a natural food coloring in European cheeses and in grain and curry dishes in many cultures.