The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana @ A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- Annette @ Sustainable Eats
- Alicia @ Culinary Bliss
- Mare @ Just Making Noise
- And me!
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.
Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!
1. Crockpot Pizza Sauce by Stacy Makes Cents. Batch cooking pizza sauce in the crockpot = almost no work + great rewards!
2. Shopping for Seeds at the Farmers Market by City Sister Country Sister. Saving seeds doesn’t have to be difficult, and it doesn’t have to be from your own garden. This blogger finds her seeds in their edible form at the farmer’s market.
3. Sights and Sounds of the Produce Auction by juliecache. A frugal way to buy locally produced produce in bulk to preserve.
4. Homemade Chicken Pot Pie by The Purposed Heart. Delicious & nourishing… this author whipped up a feast for her son’s one year birthday and was still able to enjoy the party instead of spending the whole time in the kitchen!
5. 10 Ways to Eat Coconut Oil by How to Peel an Onion. Great list on adding coconut oil to your diet.
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all five blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are two simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.