The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana @ A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- Annette @ Sustainable Eats
- Alicia @ Culinary Bliss
- Mare @ Just Making Noise
- And me!
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.
Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!
1. In Which We Stockpile Hope by Auburn Meadow Farm. This brilliant method of straining then freezing tomato puree saves both time and energy.
2. Meet Mary & Starr — And Creating a Food Oasis by Sustainable Eats. It’s been a joy to be a part of Annette’s journey from an urban homesteader to a homesteader.
3. Heirlooms: A Simple Explanation by life in green. The average joe — and maybe not even the average gardener — really knows how many heirloom varieties exist (thousands at one time) and perhaps maybe don’t even know what an “heirloom” actually is other than often having a distinct color or shape and unusual name.
4. Cooking in a Dutch Oven by Crazy Country Mama. Dutch ovens are one of those nostalgic pieces of history that we all yearn to master. This blogger shows you how — and look at that cool fire ring!
5. An Endless Supply of Clean Diapers by Tiny Green Elephants. An inspiring introduction to cloth diapering. Who knew cloth diapers could be so lovely and easy?
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all five blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are two simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.