The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana @ A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- Annette @ Sustainable Eats
- Alicia @ Culinary Bliss
- Mare @ Just Making Noise
- And me!
NEW! SLT TweetChat
There’s a lot of great stuff in the works for our first twitter chat, commemorating one year of Simple Lives Thursday. Please save this date!
Tuesday, July 26th at 2:30-3:30pm Pacific Time / 4:30-5:30pm Central Time.
Our hashtag for the event will be #simplelives. We’ve got some great giveaways during the chat: a poster from Annette, homemade granola from Alicia, “The Herbal Kitchen” book by Kami McBride, a Punk Domestics t-shirt, and the grand prize is a 6-month membership to the classes at GNOWFGLINS eCourse.
Make sure to follow the hosts of Simple Lives on Twitter to stay in the loop!
After our twitter chat, we’ll be hosting one giveaway per month to our featured posts bloggers. So link up and continue to inspire us for another year to come!
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
For our featured posts, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for that specific week that you were featured.
1. Cooking With Heritage Breed Chickens by Homemade Alaska. This is a great guide on raising heritage breed chickens for meat as people did in days past.
2. Lavender Vinegar by The Purposed Heart. At least one of us, and probably more, can’t wait to try this as a rinse for laundry AND hair. So simple and easy!
3. Canning CSA & Zucchini Relish by Little Blog on the Prairie. A great recipe and fantastic concept!
4. Homemade Bag Balm by Prairie Sunrise. Marg decided to make her own bag balm to save money and avoid petroleum based commercial bag balms. She says it was easy and cheap and we believe it!
5. Varicose Veins — What To Do Naturally by Jo’s Health Corner. Jo covers a broad range of natural treatments for mild to severe varicose veins.
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all five blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are two simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!
I want to help you look good, feel good, and do good...
... with 100s of videos and recipes, step-by-step tutorials, and easy-to-implement weekly menu plans.
It's the healthiest, tastiest, and most natural food you've ever imagined... the way God meant you to prepare it. As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 9 traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!