The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana @ A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- Annette @ Sustainable Eats
- Alicia @ Culinary Bliss
- Mare @ Just Making Noise
- And me!
NEW! SLT TweetChat
To commemorate one year of SLT, we hosts are going to lead a twitter chat. Our hashtag for the event will be #simplelives. We hoped to have a day and time to announce today but we’re still figuring it out. Soon!
For those participating in the chat, we’ll also have giveaways. So make sure and stop by as we’d love to meet all of you who have inspired us throughout this past year. In the meantime make sure to follow the hosts of Simple Lives on Twitter to stay in the loop.
After our twitter chat, we’ll be hosting one giveaway per month to our featured posts bloggers. So link up and continue to inspire us for another year to come!
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
Please visit and enjoy these featured submissions from last week’s SLT! If you’re a featured post blogger, please display the badge above on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts that featured your post.
1. Homemade Fly Spray by Prairie Homestead. Every homestead needs to try this out for natural fly control with livestock!
2. Making Ghee In A Crockpot by Yolks, Kefir and Gristle. Ghee makes the perfect infusion to any summer vegetable and what a better way to make it during this hot season than in a crockpot.
3. Aquaponics by Lizard’s Hollow. Aquaponics is something that can be done on a small scale in a backyard or a garage in repurposed 55 gallon drums. With wild seafood becoming unsustainable and farmed frankenfish in our future, we could be looking to backyard solutions to satisfy our fish cravings instead.
4. Barefoot is Better by Laurel Of Leaves. Some people might pass off the current ‘barefooting’ craze as just another trendy thing to do, but there are actually good reasons why this blogger got rid of her expensive running shoes in favor of “shoes” called Vibram FiveFingers.
5. Unexpectedly Unplugged by Butter Believer. This blogger’s embracing of traditional food practices coincided with ditching reliance on the power company, too!
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all five blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are two simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!