The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana @ A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- Annette @ Sustainable Eats
- Alicia @ Culinary Bliss
- Mare @ Just Making Noise
- And me!
NEW! Featured Post Badge
Now that we feature 5 posts every week, we’d like to thank those by offering a new badge you can display on your blog.
If you’re a featured post for the week, please display this badge on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts that featured your post.
NEW! SLT TweetChat
To commemorate one year of SLT, we hosts are going to lead a twitter chat. Our hashtag for the event will be #simplelives. So tune in as next week we’ll announce via our blogs the date and time for our chat.
For those participating in the chat, we’ll also have giveaways. So make sure and stop by as we’d love to meet all of you who have inspired us throughout this past year. In the meantime make sure to follow the hosts of Simple Lives on Twitter to stay in the loop.
After our twitter chat, we’ll be hosting one giveaway per month to our featured posts bloggers. So link up and continue to inspire us for another year to come!
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
The posts from last week that really caught our eyes are… (thanks everyone for the great submissions, as always!)
1. A Pallet Turned Herb Garden With Video by Seattle Seedling. So simple and great for those who have small backyards and it’s another way to repurpose a pallet.
2. For the Love of Coriander by Urban Homestead South Africa. Wendy, blogging from South Africa, shares her love of coriander-cilantro along with a delicious peanut butter chicken dish.
3. Sprouting by Simply Loving Home. We love this idea especially for micro-greens during the Winter time.
4. GrowinKitchen At Bandung Berkebun by GrowinKitchen. A lack of yard didn’t defeat this determined gardener. She found a community garden where she could pursue her dream of a kitchen garden.
5. Chamomile For Swelling by Home Shalom. This blogger demonstrates the medicinal properties of chamomile. Quite Amazing!!
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all five blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are two simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 8 online traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!