Simple Lives Thursday #45

The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop

Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…

This blog hop is hosted by:

Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post

Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all five blogs!

Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.

These are two simple guidelines for participation:

1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.

2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.

Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions

The posts from last week that really caught our eyes are… (thanks everyone for the great submissions, as always!)

1. Pre-Fermented (Soaked) Wheat Sandwich Bread by Katy She Cooks. Including a few videos to show the finer points of dough kneading, this beautiful bread is pre-soaked to improve nutrition and digestion.

2. Homemade, Non-GMO and Aluminum-Free Baking Powder by Whole New Mom. Learn to make your own baking powder, non-gmo and aluminum-free!

3. Organic Garden Tour by Learning The Frugal Life. It’s always encouraging to see how others grow their own food and integrate fresh herbs into their gardens.

4. Would you feed your kids pesticide chips? by Living Well Moms. This blogger explains why she won’t be buying “pesticide chips” for her kids anymore.

5. Kill Weeds Organically by The Green Backs Gal. This blogger reviews several organic, cheap methods for killing weeds, and gives one of them a three thumbs up!

Add Your SLT Post

Now it is your turn… what will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!

If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.

Comments

HI Warheh,
    I shared my delicious Banana Coconut Cream Dessert and two articles. One is about how the Dietetic Association is trying to take control of all nutritionists in 40 states. I hope people read it and sign the petitions!

Looking forward to checking out everyone’s links this week. I’m sharing our maple oatmeal muffins which are perfect for our cooler than normal weather here in the Pacific NW. Enjoy!

Thanks to all of you for including my bread in this week’s Featured Posts ; ) I feel accomplished enough when I have a submission that simply qualifies for the blog hop (notice I’m not very accomplished this week!) — so this is a surprise bonus. It’s a great carnival — I always get new ideas from the vast array of submissions.

I am sharing a fabulous smoothie recipe that has coconut and blueberries. It literally tastes like ice cream if you make it to a T! I did not try to create this but I am glad it happened

What a great carnival this week! I’m having fun reading the posts, and I want to read so many!

I shared my howto on freezing broccoli since we’ve already starting harvesting it. Enjoy!

I’m sharing my story of Spot, our dairy cow, and how we took her in to be processed last week. It’s not fun, it’s not easy, but it is part of living on a farm and eating responsibly. I made an effort to treat her with respect and get back to use everything that I could from her including her head and her hide. It was a very emotional process and I wanted to share it with others as a part of life, a part of the cycle.

Thank you so much for selecting one of my submissions this week! I love this linky as I learn so much each week and was so excited to see my post was informative to others!

8. Leslie Barrera says

It was a very emotional process and I wanted to share it with others as a part of life, a part of the cycle. Looking forward to checking out everyone’s links this week. Thanks to all of you for including my bread in this week’s Featured Posts ; ) I feel accomplished enough when I have a submission that simply qualifies for the blog hop (notice I’m not very accomplished this week!) — so this is a surprise bonus.