The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana @ A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- Annette @ Sustainable Eats
- Alicia @ Culinary Bliss
- Mare @ Just Making Noise
- And me!
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all five blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are two simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
The posts from last week that really caught our eyes are… (thanks everyone for the great submissions, as always!)
1. In Which We Share a Great Find by Auburn Meadow Farm. As advertisers reuse nostalgic ads from the past to sell modern products and politics, this blogger finds inspiration and encourages all to plant gardens and put up your own food!
2. We Suck At This by Chicken Tender. Amidst the flood of must-be-done-now projects and honest doubts about farm life, Chandelle finds beauty and strength — and hope.
3. Refashion: I Made a Purse Today by The Summer House. Jana makes a purse from the existing pockets of grey linen pants. Lovely!
4. Project Propagate: My Adventure in Rooting Cuttings by An Austin Homestead. It’s amazing that you can cut off a branch from an existing plant, pot it up and have a brand new plant take root — and Miranda shows you how!
5. Vinegar in Every Room by Laurel of Leaves. Who knew vinegar was so useful? In this post, Laurel shares many ways you can use vinegar for cooking, cleaning, gardening, first aid, and health.
Add Your SLT Post
Now it is your turn… what will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.