The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
Welcome to Simple Lives Thursday, a blog hop dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck…
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana @ A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- Annette @ Sustainable Eats
- Alicia @ Culinary Bliss
- Mare @ Just Making Noise
- And me!
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all five blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are two simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
The posts from last week that really caught our eyes are… (thanks everyone for the great submissions, as always!)
1. My Small Steps Toward Sustainability by Seattle Seedling. For many, living a sustainable life can seem daunting and overwhelming. Stacy shows us her journey — beginning with small, natural steps.
2. Homemade Produce Bags – Forget the Plastic by The Improbable Farmer. These produce bags are made from recycled t-shirts! They look awesome – and the blogger herself said she just learned to sew, so how hard can they be?
3.Understanding Your Soil with Weed Indicators by the Morris Tribe. What’s the quality of your soil? This blogger shares how weeds can indicate the fertility and overall health of your soil.
4. Fettuccine with Walnut Basil Pesto and Slow-Dried Cherry Tomatoes by Mummy, I can cook! We love how simple this dish is. She dried her own cherry tomatoes and made the pesto, plus made homemade sourdough pasta… how much more nourishing and delicious can a dish get?
5. Eggshell Seedlings by Hounds in the Kitchen. A great way to compost your eggshells… plant seeds in them. All natural and your kids will love it, too!
Add Your SLT Post
Now it is your turn… what will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family*
- Access to 8 online classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!
*included in premium membership