What do the three recipes in this post have in common? Why, they’re some of my favorite appetizers — and I’m pleased to share them in the appetizer course of the real food progressive dinner, Whole Foods for the Holidays. This course is hosted by Katie @ Kitchen Stewardship. Visit the appetizer carnival post to see what else has been contributed or link up your old or new appetizers — and check out Katie’s addition, a sweet potato garlic spread.
Want to hear a secret? Katie’s the star of next month’s eCourse thank you video(s). Yep! She’s sharing that sweet potato dip I just mentioned, as well as a tangy avocado dip. And a bonus demonstration of making yogurt cheese and whey! Just in time for the holidays!
Without further to-do (I’m keepin’ it simple so I can get to bed!), please take a gander at these three sure-to-please appetizers! Click on the images or the links to visit the recipes.
1. The best homemade tortilla chips you’ll ever
meet make. Please, please try them if you haven’t already.
2. Herbed kefir cheese. It’s healthy already (being probiotic) but it also hides a secret and beneficial source of minerals. Your friends and family won’t know it’s so good for them! Use yogurt for a milder flavored dip. (Scroll down after clicking to Step 2.)
3. A tasty, chunky black bean spread which would be great with those chips up there. But feel free to dip anything you’d like, or spread it on your favorite crackers (such as these sourdough crunchies from Katie).
Enjoy! Once again, head over to Katie’s blog to see more appetizers or share your own!
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 8 online traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!