We don’t get enough of cucumber season. So when the cucumbers and tomatoes are in season at the Farmers’ Market or in our garden, I do go a little crazy. Can you blame me?
We eat one of three cucumber and/or tomato salads just about every day. I already shared one with you — the cucumber yogurt/kefir salad — and this post includes another. If you’re counting, that means I still have one more to show you.
Mediterranean Cucumber-Tomato-Mint Salad
Even though the salad pictured doesn’t include feta cheese, I do add it whenever I can — my homemade feta is a raw, cultured food, making this a probiotic dish. Using one of the raw vinegars or Kombucha also adds beneficial organisms.
- a couple of garden cucumbers, peeled and diced (or not peeled, up to you)
- a couple of vine-ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- feta cheese (optional)
- crushed garlic (optional)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- organic extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- fresh lemon juice, to taste (or raw apple cider vinegar, coconut vinegar, or Kombucha)
- dried mint, a few generous pinches (more if fresh)
Toss all ingredients together in a salad bowl. Easy-peasy! Best eaten when fresh, although this does keep for a day or so in the refrigerator.
What are your favorite seasonal salads? Are you loading up on anything while the gettins’ good?
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
I want to help you look good, feel good, and do good...
... with 100s of videos and recipes, step-by-step tutorials, and easy-to-implement weekly menu plans.
It's the healthiest, tastiest, and most natural food you've ever imagined... the way God meant you to prepare it. As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 9 traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!