I am on a condiment kick at the moment. Ketchup last week and this week honey dill mustard. Oh, the zip and zing a little mustard can add to a sandwich! My mouth waters just thinking about it! If you have a few minutes and a few simple ingredients, you can whip this mustard up in no time.
Because it is lacto-fermented, this treat for your taste buds will need to sit out at room temperature for a few days to allow the flavors to meld and the whey to do its work. Worth every waiting moment. Enjoy on sandwiches, grilled meats, and as a flavor enhancer for dressings and sauces. A little bit goes a long way!
- 1/2 cup mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons whey (OR whey from coconut milk kefir OR 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar*)
- 2 tablespoons water (if using acv, use 3 tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons dried dill –OR– 5 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 to 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Add ingredients to a bowl. Stir well. Pour mustard into a jar. Cover tightly and leave on the counter for three days before moving it to the refrigerator. Enjoy!
*If using apple cider vinegar, this will not be lacto-fermented. Leave it out at room temperature for a few hours or a day, then move it to the refrigerator.
This post is shared in Fight Back Friday, hosted by Food Renegade.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 8 online traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!