5 Reasons To Do The Tuesday Twister

Allright. The Tuesday Twister isn’t growing as much as I’d like. I know I need to promote it more. That’s going to change, starting today. I’m going to give you 5 reasons why you should twist with us in the Tuesday Twister blog carnival.

The theme of the Tuesday Twister blog carnival is to share, through words and pictures, what’s twisting in our kitchens during the previous week.

There’s a great group of folks who participate in the Tuesday Twister week after week. Thank you! You know who you are. :)

But I know, I know, there are more bloggers out there who just need a nudge to join in. I’m going to give you 5 nudges.

1. Thumbnail Links

Use a thumbnail image to link up your post — this is unique among the real food blog carnivals. The thumbnail linky tool looks pretty, works slick, and is a great promotion for your blog! Pictures are worth a thousand words.

(FYI: Thumbnails are easy to add; the script prompts you to choose an image from your post or upload one from your computer.)

2. It’s Easy!

Take pictures while you’re cooking. Then your Tuesday Twister post will pretty much write itself. After all, the point of the Tuesday Twister is to share what you’ve cooked (twisted) in your kitchen for the previous week. Like a food journal. Easy-peasy.

3. Small Carnival = More Blog Traffic

Yes, I am trying to grow the Tuesday Twister. But ironically, this blog carnival is currently small enough that you can get a significant amount of web traffic from it. Less blogs for GNOWFGLINS readers to visit; you stand out more easily in the crowd. I know this to be true. I participate in several real food blog carnivals. GNOWFGLINS receives more visitors from the smaller carnivals.

4. Facebook Mentions and Twitter Tweets

I mention or tweet all submitted posts on my Facebook page and twitter account. That’s more exposure for you! It would be great if you’d “like” and “RT” the posts I share, as that will help more benefit from the inspirational Tuesday Twister posts.

5. Inspire and Encourage Others

What you’re doing every day in your real food kitchen is inspirational! I love to read what’s twisting in real food kitchens! I wish I could make everything everyone is making, but since I can’t possibly do that, I’m content to be inspired. Very inspired. When you participate, your creations inspire and encourage others. You’ll make new virtual friends.

Don’t have a blog?

Please share what’s twisting in your week in the comments of the weekly Tuesday Twister post.

Convinced?

I hope so! Start taking your pictures and thinking about your post now — I’ll see you next Tuesday, right here, for the Tuesday Twister!

Comments

Hey, Tiffany! I’ll be glad to have you participate. How’s your weather? Its been raining here through most of June – but today is sunny. :)

1. Teri says

I am excited and I have a blog and a FB page but my camera is broken!!! Argh! I will at least post how is that :( I miss my camera as I was also getting ready to start some videos :(

Teri – Oh, that’s a bummer! But yes, you can still post. For sure! You can use the Tuesday Twister graphic for the time being until you get your camera fixed/replaced.

Dear Wardee, I just realized your Tuesday Twister was about sharing recipes. I will plan to share one of recipe or one of my daughter’s recipes next week. Leah will be starting some kind of keeper of the kitchen homeschool course i’m putting together for her. Part of the curriculum is to go through your eCourse, we are excited.

Is the Tuesday Twister I can share on my blog?

blessings
    carmen
    .-= Carmen´s last blog post… Prayer For All Times =-.

Carmen – Wonderful! You make a Tuesday Twister post on your blog, and just share what you’ve been doing in the kitchen. You or your daughter or both! It all works. :)

Yes, you can share about the Tuesday Twister on your blog. Thank you!

3. Jed says

I must admit, I am too overwhelmed between learning and getting my garden going to work on a blog. I’m kinda new to the whole kitchen thing and I’m also working hard converting a major portion of my back yard into an edible yard–while saving room for future chickens and bees :) .

That said, I’ll really love connecting up to everyone’s blogs. Just visited The Coconut Mama´s last blog post on mayonaise (I just told P. I wanted to start making our own mayo) and can’t believe how generous and knowledgeable everyone is.

Or maybe it’s not my lack of time but my predisposition concerning how I handle knowledge. Being a librarian, I have very strong leanings towards accumulating, organizing, and storing knowledge and just don’t seem to have the desire to create any.

Well…who knows what the future holds but everyone linking pages, keep doing it because I simply LOVE it.

thanks, jed

Maybe if you worded it differently more people would join. I was of the impression that I was to recap my whole week, which i never do. If it’s just sharing a day in my kitchen I can swing that! Thanks!

That’s a good point, ambre! I did originally start it to be a weekly recap — but I welcome all to share anything from their kitchen during the last week. :)

Thanks for the suggestions and ideas, Wardee! I will see what I can do. If not that..I think I’ll do a banner for the ecourse itself. I’ve been telling everyone I can about it. You really have done a wonderful job here!

Love this!! I just started participating today. Thanks for hosting!! I’ve had my blog for over a year and a half, and I’ve just started investigating and getting the hang of participating in the blog hops or blog carnivals. I’ll be happy to share the Twister Tuesday post through my Facebook feed and through Twitter. The more the merrier!!!

Denise @ Creative Kitchen (all the way from South Florida)

1. […] visit this post to see the list of linked blogs. Wondering if this blog carnival is for you? Read 5 Reasons To Do The Tuesday Twister. To participate, make a Tuesday Twister post on your blog. Include a link to this post. Then add […]