Another giveaway — this is fun! 😀 Thanks to Katie @ Kitchen Stewardship’s generosity, I get to give away 2 copies of her new eBook, “Healthy Snacks To Go.”
I thank Katie for sharing a review copy with me. I’ve thoroughly marked it up and notated it for future ideas.
Here’s what I love about “Healthy Snacks To Go“…
- future updates are free to purchasers
- it provides soaking options for grain recipes
- it displays icons with each recipe to share more about a recipe’s effort level and cost; and whether it is allergen-friendly, travel friendly, sugar-free, gluten-free, slightly indulgent, requires refrigeration, and more.
- it gives sensible tips for how to make less of a mess or use less energy
- it shares multiple adaptations with almost every recipe, making it easy to work around your preferences or what’s in your pantry
- the real food recipes offer budget-saving and healthy alternatives to popular, non-nourishing, and expensive snack foods
Katie included her take on our favorite spelt biscuit recipe — Take Along Spelt Biscuits. (I just made some this morning, using sprouted spelt flour.) She says, so rightly, “If you’ve been afraid to try spelt flour, I guarantee this is a certain-success recipe for your first experiment!” I agree. They’re fantastic. Not to mention easy. Less than 15 minutes total hands on time.
What else can you find in Katie’s eBook?
- 30 real food and adaptable backpack ready snacks: granola, granola and other bars, muffins, reverse engineered Larabars, crackers, popcorn, fruits, applesauce, peanut butter kisses (I’m trying those for sure!) and more…
- 5 lunchbox side dishes: dip, salads, puddings, and smoothies
- resource for learning more about soaking grains
- ideas for reducing waste in lunchbox packing
- basic snacks for the absent-minded eater
The last item in that list, “basic snacks for the absent-minded eater” is a helpful section. Katie calls the ideas there “forehead smackers,” because when reminded of these snacks, you’re likely to say, “Oh, yeah! I always forget about those!” One of the items listed in this resource is hard-boiled eggs. I smacked my forehead on that one. Over the last week, I’ve made sure to have hard boiled eggs ready in the fridge as an easy, healthy, go-to snack. My husband is really happy about this. He declared that from now on, that’s what he wants to eat each evening when he gets home, and right before he works out.
Honestly, I can’t believe the eBook is only $6.95. Anyone who is used to buying commercial snacks, and makes Katie’s recipes instead, could save much more than that in one month.
Click here to purchase “Healthy Snacks To Go.” I will receive compensation for purchases made through the links on this post. I am careful about what books and products I endorse, and only recommend those that I think are truly valuable and helpful as we walk with the Lord to embrace the good foods He made for us.
I’m excited to partner with Katie to give away 2 copies of her fantastic eBook, “Healthy Snacks To Go.” I am thankful for Katie and the work she does to serve the internet community, and I’m thrilled to help promote the book.
Here are the details of the giveaway. It starts today, on May 21, 2010, and will end next Tuesday, May 25, 2010, at midnight PST. That gives you 5 days to get in on this.
I will announce the 2 winners on Wednesday, May 26, 2010.
There are 9 possible entries for the giveaway; and international entries are fine, as the books will be delivered as electronic downloads. This is what you must do for each entry:
- Check out the table of contents and choose the recipe that interests you the most.
- Browse the recipes or Monday Missions at Kitchen Stewardship and choose your favorite.
- Follow Katie on Twitter.
- “Like” Kitchen Stewardship’s Facebook page.
- Subscribe to Kitchen Stewardship via RSS.
- Follow GNOWFGLINS on Facebook
- Follow GNOWFGLINS on Twitter
- Subscribe to GNOWFGLINS via RSS or email
- Subscribe to GNOWFGLINS’ FREE Newsletter.
Leave one comment per entry to let me know what you’ve done.
Please, please, please, please, please…. One. Comment. Per. Entry. 😀 Thank you!
The eBook is such a good value. If you don’t want to wait for the giveaway, feel free to purchase it now. If you happen to win the eBook, too — it would make a great gift!
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!