Tuesday Twister – Mother’s Day

I’m combining the two weekly Tuesday Twister posts into one. For the time being, there won’t be a blog carnival post separate from my entry. So add your links here, and then keep reading to see what twisted in my kitchen over the last week

Share Your Tuesday Twister Post – New With Thumbnails!

Show us your GNOWFGLINS – God’s natural, organic, whole foods, grown locally and in season. I’m eager to see what’s been twisting in your kitchens!

If reading this via email, visit this post to see the list of linked blogs.

To participate, make a Tuesday Twister post on your blog. Include a link to this post. Then add your post to the Linky Tools box (above). Thumbnails come automatically from your blog post, or you can upload a special one. Leave a comment on this post and then visit the other posts that are linked up!

Now here we go – I’ll catch you up on what’s been twisting in my kitchen the past week.

Jeff’s parents came to visit us for Mother’s Day weekend, and that was wonderful. I spent alot of time in the kitchen, and I love to do that. Here are some of the dishes/meals we shared.

When they arrived on Friday evening, we had sandwiches – egg salad and salmon salad on Erin’s English muffins. Click the pictures to go to the recipes.

egg salad

salmon salad

On Saturday, we went out to breakfast. That was so filling we didn’t need lunch. For dinner, we enjoyed hamburgers, steamed broccoli, and homemade ice cream (both vanilla and chocolate) with chocolate syrup.

hamburgers

ice cream

On Sunday, for Mother’s Day breakfast, we shared fluffy sourdough pancakes with maple syrup, scrambled eggs, apple salad, and rooibos tea.

sourdough-pancakes

apple-salad

Once again, no need for lunch… though we did snack on soaked muffins.

soaked-muffins

And our last dinner with Jeff’s parents (sniff, sniff) on Sunday evening, we feasted on fried cod and oven fries. I followed Tiffany’s amazing fried cod and batter recipe using sprouted flour, and fried the cod in coconut oil.

fish-n-chips

And, let’s not forget the chocolate sourdough cake with delectable coconut cream frosting and cold raw goat milk…

Yeah, we pretty much feasted. I’m still full even though most of the portions were sensible. How was your Mother’s Day? What’s twisting in your kitchen? Feel free to add your Tuesday Twister post in the Linky Tools box above, or share in the comments below!

Do you love GNOWFGLINS?

Help us keep this site going by becoming a member! As a member, you get:

• access to 8 online classes (and counting!)
  • 100s of videos and print tutorials
  • eBook discounts
  • monthly learning bonus
  • access to exclusive forums

Comments

Wardee—Everything on your menu this past week (especially your Mother’s Day fare) looks fabulous! My mouth is watering at all of the photos and descriptions. :-)
    —Sonya
    .-= Sonya´s last blog post… Skillet Skills =-.

2. Tammy says

Wardee, it all looks sooo good!

Two quick questions… the fried cod recipe… did you use sprouted wheat flour? And did that sprouted flour replace both the whole wheat flour and the brown rice flour called for in the recipe? Would like to try this sometime soon. Thanks!

Tammy – I used sprouted spelt flour – Tiffany uses sprouted wheat. Yes, I replaced both flours with the sprouted spelt flour. Worked great!

4. Jessie says

I don’t have a blog, but wanted to share a helpful tip from my kitchen.

We recently got anti fatigue mats from a hardware store and they have been great and have really helped me be less tired when standing in the kitchen. We got some for the stove area & some by the sink. My husband suggested it and I was a little unsure – after all, they are kind of ugly black. But honestly, they are so helpful. (If I want to make the kitchen look better, I could always hide them when company comes)

Shyla – Oh, you’re sweet! I am in the kitchen alot. But it goes in waves. Some days I cook up a storm and we eat off that for 3 to 4 days…

Wow!! What a feast you had. Everything looks so good. My kids walked by and saw your chocolate cake. The picture alone makes your mouth water. We also had the fried cod and I posted about that today. And my wild red salmon came today so we’ll be having salmon salad soon. Thanks for all the inspiration.

I wanted to share an outstanding recipe that is a new family favorite (it is not new here at Gnowfglins :-), a great snack that will help you stretch your food dollar, and an exciting purchase that was delivered to my door this afternoon.

Blessings -