These soaked gluten-free biscuits are moist, light, and tasty — even after a few days (if you can get them to last that long!). This is a gluten-free and soaked version of my cinnamon and honey sprouted spelt biscuits.
For the gluten-free flour blend, I used equal parts of these fresh-ground flours: millet, sweet brown rice, hulled buckwheat, and tapioca.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (cannot be warm from grinding or will melt the coconut oil)
- 6 generous tablespoons unrefined, virgin coconut oil, chilled if liquefied at room temp (like during the summer)
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar, kefir, Kombucha, yogurt, or whey
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons raw milk, coconut milk, or nut milk (or even water)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of additional raw milk
- Makes about 24 biscuits.
- Cut coconut oil into flour with a pastry cutter or fork, until coconut oil is the size of peas or smaller.
- Lightly stir in the raw apple cider vinegar and milk.
- Cover and leave on the counter for 8 hours or overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix in the honey, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt — gently. If it is not mixing well and needs a bit more moisture to make a workable biscuit dough, add additional milk as needed.
- Transfer the dough to a clean, floured surface and roll into a rectangle about ½-inch thick.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut into 2-inch squares.
- Transfer squares to a coconut-oiled cookie sheet (or parchment paper lined), leaving space between.
- Put sheet in oven.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- When cool, store in an air-tight container.
Enjoy! If you mix up this recipe at all, be sure to share what you did in the comments — and how they turned out!
This post was featured in 90 Nourishing Egg-Free Breakfasts.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!