We view this treat like a salad, and eat it before or after many meals. It is loaded with digestive enzymes and probiotics!
Start with a bowl of raw, plain kefir or yogurt, then top* as you desire with any or all of the following:
- pureed raw fruit or chopped raw fruit
- soaked and dehydrated rolled oats
- soaked and dehydrated chopped nuts and seeds – start with raw nuts
- sprouted and dehydrated (hulled) buckwheat groats
- raisins, date pieces, pieces of dried fig, or other dried fruit (unsulphured)
- drizzle of raw honey
- sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- sprinkle of unsweetened coconut
Yumm! Serve and enjoy!
*All toppings should be raw (not heated above 115 or 118 degrees F), especially the dairy, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and honey – if you want the digestive enzymes intact. The cultured dairy, germinated (soaked) nuts, germinated (soaked) seeds, sprouted buckwheat, honey, and dates are all excellent sources of digestive enzymes. The cultured dairy is an excellent source of probiotics, with the kefir having around 10 times more active cultures than yogurt.
What else would you add? Also check out these 7 Yummy Ways to Eat Kefir!
Remember! The Gallery of Christmas Cookies is right around the corner – this coming Monday, the 14th of December! Get your cookie recipes ready!
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.