Using pre-soaked and dehydrated oats and whole sweetener, my friend Regina made over the traditional oatmeal no-bake cookies recipe to be healthier. I called her the other day and begged for it — my kids were desperate for a snack and I was short on time. These cookies fit the bill, deliciously!
Regina makes her cookies with natural peanut butter and carob powder. I used almond butter and cocoa powder. Either way… yummy!
This is a double batch and makes about 4 dozen+ huge cookies.
- 2 cups (or less) Rapadura
- 1 cup pure water
- ¾ cup carob powder or ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 6 to 7 cups pre-soaked, dehydrated organic rolled oats (start with 10 cups, see * below; use certified gluten-free oats for gluten-free cookies)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or natural (soaked) almond butter (or purchase here)
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut (optional)
- 1½ cups raisins (optional)
- In a large pot combine Rapadura, water, carob powder (or cocoa powder), vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Place pot on a burner over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes, whisking the entire time to prevent burning and to ensure the coconut oil melts and mixes in well.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rolled oats, nut butter of choice, shredded coconut, and raisins.
- Mix well. Mixture should be thick but stirrable. It will harden as it cools.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls on to cookie sheets.
- They will cool quickly and can be eaten in just a few minutes. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy and be sure to let us know if you like Regina's healthy oatmeal no-bake cookies!
If you love these, then…
Want More Nourishing No-Bake Treats?
Lindsey's book, Nourishing No-Bake Treats (currently 50% off at $7.99) contains 12 nourishing and healthy no-bake cookie bite recipes:
- Put the Lime in the Coconut
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Avocado Mint Chip
- Orange & Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Craze
- Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate
- Sweet Superfood (with goji berries & chia seeds)
- Chocolate-Covered Cherry
- Blueberry, Lemon, & Mint Bliss
- Buttered Caramel Cashew
You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already!
If you're looking for nourishing, allergy-friendly cookies that aren't sweetened with white sugar or heavily sweetened at all, you'll find treasures in this book.
If you're looking for easy recipes that even kids can do (with great results), you'll love this book.
P.S. If you purchase Nourishing No-Bake Treats through this link, Wardee from Traditional Cooking School will throw in a no-bake recipe of her own — Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies (pictured below). Just forward you receipt and we'll reply with the bonus recipe! (Forward to wardee at traditionalcookingschool dot com.)
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!